This occurred to me as I was getting ready to release v1.72 of Modular Combat: We didn't bother telling you of the last 8 months of our development cycle. And we've been playing the internal beta so much that I guess some of us kind of forgotten about all the sweet changes that has happened since we last released the mod.
A lot has happened since v1.5 - and please, let me tell you all about it.
We've added 18, count it, 18 new modules to the mix. These include:
- Teleport. Active. Teleports you a moderate distance straight ahead, allowing you to pass through walls.
- Long Jump. Passive. Adds an enhanced long jump functionality to your HEV Mark VI suit. Duck before jumping to launch yourself a great distance forward.
- Plague. Passive. Create a swarm of insects that infects nearby players, draining X health per second. Infected players pass on the disease.
- Incendiary Grenades. Active. Launch a grenade which sets nearby players on fire when it explodes.
- HEALD. Active. Active. Rapidly heal yourself or a teammate for 1...10 seconds.
- Attrition. Active. Target enemy cannot use modules, heal, or pick up items for 1...10 seconds.
- Critical Hit. Passive. Increase changes of getting a critical hit by 1...10%.
- Armor Regeneration. Passive. Regenerate suit power slowly.
- Start Armor. Passive. Spawn with 10...100 suit power.
- MADG (Mag Mine). Active. Spawn a magnetic mine which creates a vortex that will draw enemies towards it and trap them there.
- Minion Vortigaunt. Active. Spawn a Vortigaunt that will fight for you and heal your armor. Vortigaunts count as two minion slots.
- Bullet Resist, Shell Resist, Piercing Resist, Crush Resist, Poison Resist, Blast Resist, Energy Resist, Fire Resist. Passive. Reduce damage dealt by X damage.
Whew! What a list of new modules! We've been play-testing this new modules for quite some time - and we're confident that they slip nicely into our already substantial list of new modules. Take some time to try out a movement module: Jetpack, Teleport, or Long Jump! They are certainly worth your module points!
How have our monsters been improved?
Anyone who has been a fan of Modular Combat for any length of time knows that we love our NPCs. Whether it be a minion of our own or an agent of our combat computer, BoSS - we love em. We've made numerous improvements with our AI in the last 8 months - and they are definitely worth the wait!
First off, we've overhauled the way we handle minions. You have better control over them now than you have ever had before! You can order them to go places by the USE key and double-tapping it will recall them to you. You may also choose short, medium, and long range stances for your minions - this will help them keep up with you or roam freely to kill for you. It's your choice!
What else has changed?
We've also added a in-game voting system, a brand-spanking-new particle system and tons of other features! And there are way to many bug fixes and balance changes to list here! To see a fully and complete changelist, check out our Mod Fidelity Mod DB blog!
So don't walk, run to your nearest download location and download the latest version of Modular Combat! Oh, and don't forget that we do have two official servers online - just for you guys to play on!
Feel free to check out The Freeman Arena [NY, Official Server] and The Alyx Arena [UK, Official Server]! And look for Dryden, Winston, or Chewy ingame - feel free to say hello!