Modular Combat is a role-playing shooter based in the Half-Life universe. There are over 50 modules that can be upgraded at any level, in any combination. Modules give combatants amazing abilities such as flying, teleporting, spawning minions, and shooting flechettes or energy balls.
Modular Combat v1.72 comes to you with a few fixes and some gameplay changes based on input from the Podcast 17 crew.
Here is a complete and total changelog from v1.70 and v1.72 - and don't forget to check our Mod DB page for more informaton!
* Added player stat settings to the Suit Creation screen.
* Added "soft penetration" effect for friendly players / NPCs.
* Removed experience bonus from "Free For All" to discourage cooperative FFA games
* Added "Close" button for the ingame menu
* Recharge: Lowered max level from 10 to 5, doubled strength of effect.
* Added Teleport module (with sound effect and particles)
* Added Minion Vortigaunt module (heals when "used", counts as 2 minions)
* Added Plague module
* Added Start Armor module
* Added Armor Regeneration module
* Added Long Jump module
* Added HEALD module
* Added Incendiary Grenades module.
* Added Attrition module.
* Added Critical Hits module.
* Added MAGD module. (Mag Mine)
* Added Bullet Resist module.
* Added Shell Resist module.
* Added Piercing Resist module.
* Added Crush Resist module.
* Added Poison Resist module.
* Added Blast Resist module.
* Added Energy Resist module.
* Added Fire Resist module.
* Added particles to Jetpack, Mind Absorb, Freeze, and Plague
* Added "glow" effect to affliction modules
* Lasers: Players can remove their own lasers by "using" them.
* Lasers: Lasers have a fixed amount of damage they can do before they no longer work (based on their level)
* Improved minion movement code. They will always try to move with you rather than just follow you.
* Improved nodegraphs all default HL2DM maps, dm_drift, and dm_swamplight.
* Added aerial nodegraphs to all default HL2DM maps, dm_drift, and dm_swamplight (for airbourne NPCs)
* Refined NPC pathfinding calcuation rate based on distance from target.
* FIX: Corrected Vortigaunt's aiming. Vortigaunts will not ALWAYS hit you.
* FIX: Kamakaze Crows now target enemies better
* FIX: Network manager now rebuild nodegraphs properly.
* FIX: Monsters will no longer ignore a player's minions.
* FIX: Correct Vortigaunt's head angle
* FIX: Added missing soundscripts for NPCs
* AR2 Combine Ball is no longer a guaranteed kill.
* Reduced base monster experience from 50 to 30
* Minion Fast Zombie: Decreased drain from 50 power to 45 power
* Vitality: Decreased health gained from 10 to 8
* Energy Ball: Decreased drain from 30 power to 18 power
* Energy Ball: Decrased base damage from 30 to 22
* Energy Ball: Increased damage increments from 10 to 15
* Energy Ball: Decreased cooldown from .65s to 0.5s
* Lasers: Increased power drain from 10 to 12
* Strength: Increased base damage increase from 3% to 8.5%
* Strength: Decreased damage increase increments from 7.5% to 6%
* Freeze Grenade: Increase power drain from 40 to 45
* HEALD: Increased health regeneration base from 0 to 10
* HEALD: Decreased health regeneration increments from 7 to 6
* Teleport: Increased power drain from 25 to 30
* Teleport: Increased cooldown from 1.0s to 1.5s
* Regeneration: Function change: Will renegerate only to 75...100% max health.
* Prepared modules for particle system, including seperate particles for the player using them
* Added McConVar type. When any cvar of this type is modified, the game description will change to "Modular Combat [Modified]"
* FIX: Removed duplicate key-binding entries
* Added teleport blocking system - will create zones that cannot be teleported into.
* FIX: Poison Zombie melee attack now causes damage.
* Restored friendly target ID
* FIX: Removed large memory leaks (reducing server lag!)
* FIX: Stopped Hula Dolls from spawning in inaccessible locations.
* Made preparations for scripted "Player versus Monster" gamemode
* FIX: Prevented monsters from sometimes spawning inside players
* Merged SQLite into game binaries (for linux compatibility)
* Made significant advances towards releasing a Linux server binary (not yet available).
* FIXED: Damage Amp's effect will no longer stack when cast repeatedly on the same target.
* Reduced network lag caused by NPCs
* Improved player network code
* Players will now automatically download script files for custom maps, when they are present (players will be able to play any custom map on their own servers without any hassle).
* FIX: Stop Kamakaze Crows from affecting the minion limit
* Added pure server whitelist
* Reduced base experience needed to level by approximately 1/4
* New players will start with 2 module points to distribute
* Added a "Vote" option to the character tab of the in-game menu. Players can now vote for a gamemode.
* Players can now buy abilities while dead.
* Jetpack: Players can now steer with a jetpack, and jetpack movement should be much less jerky.
* Minions now have a passive power drain (1 per second per minion)
* Players can now order their minions to go places by using the USE key. Double-tapping it will recall minions.
* Players can change minions stances (see key bindings in options menu) - these affects how far from their player/target opponents can go before they are no longer considered hostile. Minions default to 'defensive', the short-ranged stance. The others are balanced (moderate range) and roaming (no range limit).
* Minion Zombies will no longer release headcrabs
* Fast Headcrab: Increased health & damage.
* Poison Headcrab: Reduced health slightly.
* Game mode will also be displayed in the browser, on the end of the server game type (DM, PVM, FFA)
* FIX: Servers should now be visible in the server browser, and can be connected to directly.
* FIX: Fixed a couple of system crashes, and reduced server error message spam
* FIX: Plague no longer affects spectators.
* Ragdolls (corpses) fade out of existence after a few seconds