Mod Fidelity announces the release date of Modular Combat v1.75 and announces the contest entries – and how you can vote! Podcast 17 interview on 07/26/2009!
Hello again! Thanks for all the wonderful contest entries!
It has really been a trip reading all these module suggestions and discussing what we thought was possible and what isn’t possible! Andrew and I have been going through the entries and discussing each one to great detail – I wish to could tell you more of the dramatic, tense moments between us when we couldn’t agree on a module…but, to be frank, there were none!
We are confident that we are going to be able to implement any of the following ideas! We’ve emailed back the applicants and our friends at Podcast 17 have setup a poll!
Without further ado, here are the contest entries:
- Headcrab Cannister. Active. Teleport in a headcrab canister containing 1…5 masterless headcrabs which are levels 1…10. Headcrabs will hate the first enemy they see more than anyone else.
- Super Jump. Passive. Players jump is doubled, costs no energy. 4-point module.
- Sharpshooter. Passive. Land three successful strikes with the Crossbow to increase all weapon damage by 10…100% for 5 seconds.
- Concussion Grenade. Throw a grenade that causes a concussion to all targets within radius. Affected players will start hallucinating for 1…10 seconds. (Hallucinations will appear in the form of explosions, screaming, and bullets whizzing by.)
- Ghost. Passive and Active. Increase suits transparency by 6.6…66%. Player will also gain ability to completely “ghost” any attack (attacks that might hit the play will deal no damage). Players also gains active module while allows them to walk through any prop for 0.5…5 seconds.
- Poison Cloud. Passive. Player gains ability to explode into a poison cloud that deals 10…50 damage poison damage.
- Lucky Charm. Passive. Player has a 0.5…5% chance to use a random module for 1…10 seconds every time they earn experience from killing an enemy. (Example: Player gains +10 strength for 10 seconds or +10 Regeneration, or Long Jump module.)
- Sonar. Passive. Your suit will advise you of the location of the closest enemy to you every 5 seconds. 4-point module.
- Adrenaline. Instantly increase current health and armor by 10…50 points for 10 seconds
- Slo-Mo. Active. Create a large slow-motion field which affects all enemies and projectiles within range for 5 seconds. Speed is reduced by 5…75%.
- Minion Upgrade. Passve. Player is able to spawn an extra minion. 4-point module.
- Heel Spring. Passive. Take no damage from falling at any height. Player’s character will gain the visual “heel springs” much to the likes of what Chell wears in Portal.
- Infernes. Active. Target is cursed with infernes and will lose 1…5 auxilary power per second for 10 seconds.
- Poison Gas Emitter. Active. Attach up to 2 poison gas emitters to the wall. Will trigger every 4 seconds when an enemy is within range. Gas deals 2.5…25 damage.
Whew! So much potential here! We are VERY, VERY excited about these modules, and hope that you will choose accordingly! Speaking of which….
All of that being said, we are closing in on the release date for Modular Combat! We’ve been incredibly busy polishing things up and spit-shining every little bit we can.
Next week (starting July 27, 2009), we will be giving you a 5-day countdown post for Modular Combat!
Each day we will be bringing you brand new media content and a further insight into why we made the decisions we made for v1.75! And if you missed the hint earlier…
We will be releasing Modular Combat on August 1, 2009!
Make sure you go and vote for your favorite modules! We will be announcing the winners in our Sunday morning interview with Podcast 17! Be sure to come join us in the chat – the whole development team will be either in the interview or in the Livestream answering your questions!
Follow us on:
(Special thanks to the Overgrowth team and Iiro Jäppinen for providing these nice icons!)