The Maelstrom Mod introduces three new races to the Sins of a Solar Empire Universe. They are independent of the original races and have unique strengths and weaknesses. Maelstrom is available Rebellion, Diplomacy, Entrenchment and Original Sins.
We are pleased to announce the coming fifth release of the Maelstrom mod for SoaSE.
Posted by soase-maelstrom on Sep 10th, 2011
Release 5 of Maelstrom
The new release sees further optimization in both memory footprint and speed. Attention was focused in the following areas
1. Ship models and textures for the 3 new races
2. Replacing some abilities for Replicator and TradeAlliance Capitalships.
3. Particle effects for ship abilities
4. Update to 1.32 patch
For contributions in testing and concepts I would like to thank ...
ICEman, Quiet_Man, Malanthor and many others
The major changes in Release 5 are as follows ...
Graphics and Particle Effects
- fixed visual bug with the Alliance bomber
- altered the color of beam weapon fire for new races
- added new abilities on Replicator and TradeAlliance capital ships
- Replicator scout frigate balance (for Diplomacy)
- Reduced shield mitigation on Replicator capital ships and TradeAlliance support capital ship.
- Replicator dominion cruiser research tier corrected
- ability problems on planets Aurora, Rock Giant, and Ice Giant
- Replicators Tritium Cannon (orbital cannon) now does damage to enemy ships upon impact
- Fixed 'Trade' Pact for the Trade Alliance - no more mini-dumps
- replaced models and textures for new races fleets
- Fixed some planet textures i.e terran, ice, volcanic and desert (for Original Sins)
- Pirate raiding strength and growth rate reduced