The L.U.R.K. team wants to provide the best possible experience from Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, we don't plan to skew the scope of this game, because I, like many others, fell in love with the game because of the story, the realistic gameplay, and the atmosphere. I plan to preserve and improve on that concept to the best of my abilities, and our team has vowed to do so as well. Which is why we took it upon ourselves to provide that experience. We want to fulfill a niche that's otherwise unfulfilled in the modding community. We want to bring as many features to Stalker without damaging or changing the original theme of the game. While improving upon that concept with features that were dropped off the development cycle from GSC, such as stealth AI, and a strong foundation for balance, as well as dynamic A-Life, and an unprecedented visual presentation that no other Stalker Overhaul can touch.

Forum Thread
For those having inventory icon problems in 1.1... (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl : Mods : L.U.R.K. : Forum : Questions : For those having inventory icon problems in 1.1...) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 20 2010 Anchor

This is for those with GPUs that have trouble handling textures with sizes over 2048x2048, textures such as LURK 1.1's inventory icon texture file.

I readjusted the placement of the icons in the texture file making it all fit in 2048x2048 and, of course, I also changed the coordinates of the icons in their respective config files.

I haven't tested it much but it should work without any problems. If you notice anything weird with the icons, just tell me.

Just extract the files into the game folder.

EDIT: Just a minor update, looks like I forgot to include the .40 MP5A2 inventory icon last time. It's in now, link updated.

EDIT 2: Mossberg 590 shotgun and SVD icons fixed, link updated again.

EDIT 3: Updated files to comply with the Patch #1 update. It's still compatible without the Patch #1, by the way.

EDIT 4: Corrected the 7.62x51 Galil icon.

Mediafire.com

Edited by: VicRattlehead

Jun 20 2010 Anchor

Cheers

There's a Mossberg shotgun, I believe the "590", that's not showing up properly for me

Jun 21 2010 Anchor

Okay, looks like I screwed a couple more icons, the Mossberg and the SVD, I updated the link in the first post, hopefully those two had been the last of my mistakes.

Jun 21 2010 Anchor

Jesus Christ thank you so much. I was meaning to get around to this.

Jun 22 2010 Anchor

Are you then going to incorporate this in future versions or patches?

Jun 23 2010 Anchor

thanks a lot!

Jun 24 2010 Anchor

Sigh, found another mistake I made, I promise it's the last. Link updated again.

Jul 2 2010 Anchor

Thanks this is what i've looking for....seem that the textures are a bit shrink or enlarged but anyways playable

Jul 10 2010 Anchor

I only now just realized you had to cut a whole bunch of weapons out with the 2048x2048 version. I just compared the two files.

I thought you had done some sort of trick to just make both the icons smaller while lowering the icon size requirement so it could all fit.
I'm sure there must be a way to do that. would take some tinkering around with a few other files as well.

Can't be impossible though...

Jul 10 2010 Anchor

It is possible to resize the icons and make rifles only use 1x3 tiles instead of 2x5, medkits use only 1x1 instead of 4x4, etc. it won't look pretty though. When LURK adds in all those cut weapons or just adds a bunch of new ones that were supposed to be in anyway such as the Tavor or the M14, MAYBE I'll do it, I gave up on LURK a long time ago. However, even with the file I made, you could still fit in at least three dozen more new rifles so I wouldn't be worried.

Jul 12 2010 Anchor

true and I see what your saying. What your suggesting makes the weapons look stubbed. I've done it before. Makes lots of space. The look doesn't bother me as much as the task of doing it intially doing it all. but now that I've been through it with one mod I'm sure now that I know what I'm doing it won't be as tedious. I even made the armors one tile.

What I was suggesting was having to change the size requirement of each tile cube. As each grid tile is something close to 50x50 each? I was thinking if there was a way to lower that size to half that then I'd be able to add even more stuff. I wonder what file one would have to extract to get to that setting as if must exist somewhere.
I personally find that LURK is the only mod to makes the best use and fun out of the bm16. A gun I've always disliked in the game and is still waaaay too common. I've made it use the pistol slot (it's sawed off for a reason) so it's more useful. Had to alter/expand some ui settings so it would accept it without crashing.

Feels more DOOM like now which I liked. Hate the run animations though, it's like they went for a perfectly normal animation to a very irritating kangaroo-hop.

Jul 12 2010 Anchor

tao_taier wrote:
What I was suggesting was having to change the size requirement of each tile cube. As each grid tile is something close to 50x50 each? I was thinking if there was a way to lower that size to half that then I'd be able to add even more stuff. I wonder what file one would have to extract to get to that setting as if must exist somewhere.

It's probably hard coded. Or perhaps you can edit it in one of the dll files the same way you can change the FOV? I don't know.

Jul 13 2010 Anchor

Funny, I was once able to change the FOV (IN GAME!)without doing anything to a DLL. Which is why I thought that one "mod" that did just that through DLL changes was a waste of time.

I'll post back here when I remember how I did that.

Theres something in the config\ui\inventory_new that stretches and or shrinks the icons in differently in each corresponding area of the of the inventory for the dragdrop_xxxxx's.

cell_width and cell_height.

Which can basically help with making your guns look less stubbed/stubby/shrunk or stretched.

You can have different sizes making the secondary slot items smaller than the primary ones, as an example or if need be.

Also useful to know, is that the bag_static width and height makes any items that seem un-click-able be placed back into clickable range.

A width of 460'ish allows you to expand the cols_num which gives your inventory an extra row of vertical cells. If needed.

Experiment with the settings to suit your own needs. As it may be different based on what cell_w/_h you use.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.