It took a LOT longer than expected both to develop, and to get released - but here it is
a shiney new reason to dust off UT2004 and jump back into the multiplayer massacre taking place right now out on the Killing Floor....
The list of improvements , additions , and changes from Killing Floor 2.1 is significant, but a (partial) compilation can be found in the installer.
Thanks to platinum arts for this mirror, once you've got KF downloading, you should also check out Platinum Arts Sandbox and Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing Coop!
Note: to play you need UT2004 installed, and patched to v3369 + the ECE bonus pack
if you have an old copy of KFMod20 installed, delete it, and copy over completely.
this is not an incremental patch
Once you have tried it out, stop by the forums and tell us what you think of our work!
Here are a few of the key additions, check the installer for others!
- Added "Veterancy" system, with 5 selectable classes, and perks.
- Added enemy "gibbing", and more responsive gore effects.
- Added support for non-Survival based Killing Floor maps, with a new gametype "Story"
- Added new player models (Hazmat, Masterson,Stalker)
- Added new weapon "Flamethrower" available to buy from the "speed" category of the Trader shop.
- Added new server options for setting downtimes between waves, enabling veterancies, and setting the total number of max zombies which can spawn at a single time.
- Added "Iron sights" scopes to the "Bullpup", and LAW weapons. Can be activated with secondary fire. You may only fire the LAW while holding the "Iron sight".
- Added "Accuracy" system to the game, which augments weapon aim and recoil depending on player movement speed, and physics state.
- Added "Armor condition bar" above player's health state, on the third person HUD.
-Added new attack types for several zombie classes
-Added "Tactical Light" to the 9mm and Dual 9mm weapons. This can be activated with secondary fire, and has a limited, but regenerating battery.
-Addded improved Bot AI code. Killing Floor bots will now fight at range, where possible, switch to melee weapons when cornered, heal other players, and themselves if injured, and respond to the threat at hand.
- Added upgrades to the game "Lobby" including access to the options menu from lobby, a more accurate playerlist, "Timeout" controls which will toggle if 75% of players have readied up and one guy hasn't. and a failsafe time where the match will begin regardless, after a set time.