The latest release #5503 of KaM Remake titled the Scripting Demo. In order to play it you are required to have Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion...
The KaM Remake mod is an attempt to reinvigorate the original "Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion" strategy game. Our goals are to make it work on today’s computers and operating systems, implement a fully featured online multiplayer system, as well as to fix the many bugs in the game engine. To do this we have started from scratch, writing our own code for the game engine but still relying on many original resource files. We assume that you own the original KaM game, (the installer checks for it) otherwise you should buy it – it’s available in a number of online gaming stores. The KaM Remake executable is freeware and is built by enthusiasts. Applications used: Delphi 6, Delphi 7, FastMM4, Lazarus, OpenGL, OpenAL, zLib, PNGImage.
A month ago a new version of KaM Remake was released. Changelog:
- Crash fixed: “Stonemason has no action”
- Crash fixed: “EAssertionFailed: KM_Terrain.pas, line 526″
- Crash fixed: “EAssertionFailed: KM_Units_Warrior.pas, line 642″
- Game correctly minimizes when you Alt-Tab from full screen mode
- “Unsaved changes will be lost” dialogue is shown properly from full screen mode
- Units eating in the inn were sometimes rendered at the wrong place
- Some bridges on the map Blitzkrieg could not be walked on
- Lobby slots can be closed to stop new players joining
- Lobby has a checkbox to allow host absolute control of teams/locations setup for all players
- Roads/fields can be placed by clicking and dragging
- The server list can be sorted by clicking on the column headers
- New co-operative map: TSK 12
- New multiplayer map Stranded (by caykroyd) for 4 or 8 players