Every version of this mod should be installed on a fresh, unmodified version of 'Age of Empires 3 The Asian Dynasties' (must also include 'The War Chiefs...
The Improvement Mod touches on every aspect of the game, improving and tweaking every feature the game has to offer while also adding many new ones.
The mod adds new units, buildings, maps, civilizations, soundtracks and game modes. All of this results in a very refined gameplay experience powered by an improved AI and more detailed graphics. Balancing is also a main focus and the mod has been tuned for competitive play. Check the "Features" for more details.
The mod works with both versions of the game, Steam and non-Steam, and is only available for The Asian Dynasties expansion but requires Age of Empires 3 plus The WarChiefs expansion and The Asian Dynasties 1.3. It is recommended to install over the AoE3 Complete Edition (Steam version) as it contains everything the mod needs.
Main features of the Improvement Mod:
- new Large, Regicide, Custom and themed maps
- new gameplay features such as Control Points, improved King of the Hill mode and overall many balance changes
- new original soundtracks, taken from campaigns
- new improved AI made to work with the new added features
- improved visual effects such as smoke, dust, water, explosions and blood
- new civilization, the early formed USA (Americans)
- new cards, techs, units and buildings
- many fixes across the board, from broken textures to bugged units, techs, pathfinding and sounds
- and much, much more
I have a spare Age of Empires 2 HD Steam key and I thought of making a small giveaway for my awesome community!
The rules are simple, leave an awesome comment on the Steam Group Giveaway post and after a month or so (probably less) I'll choose a random winner and give him the key. The winner will also be decided based on two things, firstly they need to have AoE3 and to have played it for a few good hours, and secondly, they must not already have AoE2 HD on their account.
I'll be honest with you, I am not 100% sure the key works though. It's an old key and I just can't completely guarantee it works. I'm pretty sure I didn't gave it to anyone but if it doesn't work, well don't hate me for it. It was free anyway.
So I'm about 90% sure it works... :)
Thanks for playing my mod! Stay awesome.