The Improvement Mod touches on every aspect of the incredible game that is Age of Empires 3 and its expansions, improving and tweaking every feature the game has to offer while also adding many new features and content such as new units, buildings, maps, civilizations, soundtracks and game modes.
All of this results in a very refined gameplay experience powered by an improved AI and better visuals. Balancing is also a main focus for the mod and everything has been made as balanced and fair as possible. Check the "Features" section for more details.
The mod is recommended for AoE3 Complete Collection (Steam version) as it contains everything the mod needs, although it can be installed over any version as long as the game has both expansions and ALL official updates.
- new African, American and Oceania maps plus new Large, Regicide, Custom and themed maps (and new map options)
- new native allies for the new maps and new specific animals and props
- new gameplay features such as Control Points, improved King of the Hill mode and Trade Monopoly
- overall many balance changes and gameplay tweaks, plus some returning features from AoE2
- new original soundtracks, taken from campaigns and other AoE related sources
- new and improved AI made to work with the newly added features
- fixed and improved formations, animations and visual effects such as smoke, dust and blood
- new playable civilizations, the Americans, Italians and Swedish
- new Consulate allies (Americans, Italians and Swedish) and improved Revolution civilizations
- new unique resource for European civilizations, Fame (similar to Export)
- new units, cards, techs, buildings, sounds and hotkeys for all civilizations
- rebalance and new content for every old and new civilization
- many fixes across the board, from broken textures to bugged units, techs, pathfinding and sounds
- reduced the randomness in attacks and damage patterns and improved area damage
- fixes and improvements for the "Out of sync" error
- more population and redesigned naval warfare
- and much, much more
The long awaited (took more than I thought) big awesome update with new maps from Africa and Oceania is here!
A total of 17 new maps, plus fixes, changes and additions to existing maps are part of this update. Including new animals and natives for the new maps.
One of the fixes adresses the bug which caused starting units (such as explorers) to not spawn at the beginning of a game. This bug should no longer occur on any of the "official" maps.
Check out the mod's blog for more info!
The mod needs balancing and only the community can do it.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS! I am leaving it here as an archive of my previous work, but if you want to play the latest version of the mod then avoid this.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.