Every version of this mod should be installed on a fresh, unmodified version of 'Age of Empires 3 The Asian Dynasties' (must also include 'The War Chiefs...
The Improvement Mod touches on every aspect of the game, improving and tweaking every feature the game has to offer while also adding many new ones.
The mod adds new units, buildings, maps, civilizations, soundtracks and game modes. All of this results in a very refined gameplay experience powered by an improved AI and more detailed graphics. Balancing is also a main focus and the mod has been tuned for competitive play. Check the "Features" for more details.
The mod works with both versions of the game, Steam and non-Steam, and is only available for The Asian Dynasties expansion but requires Age of Empires 3 plus The WarChiefs expansion and The Asian Dynasties 1.3. It is recommended to install over the AoE3 Complete Collection (Steam version) as it contains everything the mod needs.
Main features of the Improvement Mod:
- new Large, Regicide, Custom and themed maps
- new gameplay features such as Control Points, improved King of the Hill mode and Trade Monopoly
- overall many balance changes and gameplay tweaks, plus some returning features from AoE2
- new original soundtracks, taken from campaigns and other AoE related sources
- new improved AI made to work with the new added features
- improved atmosphere and visual effects such as smoke, dust, water, explosions and blood
- new playable civilization, the early formed USA (Americans)
- new Consulate allies and improved Revolution civilizations
- new sounds, cards, techs, units and buildings
- many fixes across the board, from broken textures to bugged units, techs, pathfinding and sounds
- and much, much more
The giveaway has ended and Steam user "Shin Tha Wan *SVK*" is the winner!
(he was the first to respond, you'd be amazed how hard is to find people online and give them free games...)
In other news, the Improvement Mod now has 18 custom maps, carefully selected from the map making community.
(proper credit has been given for each one of them in-game)
Also, the Italians will soon be added to the game!
(as Consulate allies :)
Thanks for playing my mod! Stay awesome.