The Improvement Mod touches on every aspect of the incredible game that is Age of Empires 3 and its expansions, improving and tweaking every feature the game has to offer while also adding many new features and content such as new units, buildings, maps, civilizations, soundtracks and game modes.
All of this results in a very refined gameplay experience powered by an improved AI and better visuals. Balancing is also a main focus for the mod and everything has been made as balanced and fair as possible. Check the "Features" section for more details.
The mod is recommended for AoE3 Complete Collection (Steam version) as it contains everything the mod needs, although it can be installed over any version as long as the game has both expansions and ALL official updates.
- new Large, Regicide, Custom and themed maps (and new map options)
- new gameplay features such as Control Points, improved King of the Hill mode and Trade Monopoly
- overall many balance changes and gameplay tweaks, plus some returning features from AoE2
- new original soundtracks, taken from campaigns and other AoE related sources
- new and improved AI made to work with the newly added features
- fixed and improved formations, animations and visual effects such as smoke, dust and blood
- new playable civilizations, the Americans, Italians and Swedish
- new Consulate allies (Americans, Italians and Swedish) and improved Revolution civilizations
- new units, cards, techs, buildings, sounds and hotkeys
- rebalance and new content for every old and new civilization
- many fixes across the board, from broken textures to bugged units, techs, pathfinding and sounds
- reduced the randomness in attacks and damage patterns and improved area damage
- more population and redesigned naval warfare
- and much, much more
The thing is, there's never been a proper discussion about balance in the mod. Sure, some people left balance related messages here and there, I also went and took balance ideas from other mods, the Fan Patch, the ESOC patch, that huge balancing thread on the Heaven forum, because let's be honest, you would be mad to ignore them. But some of those ideas didn't fit with my mod, for example I still ended up balancing the Dutch how I thought fit for the mod.
But is my way really better? This is what we need to discuss. I have a friend who helps me out with balancing but he has many ideas and, the truth is that an entire game cannot be balanced by just one man, as different people have different opinions about what is fair and balanced and what is not.
So, in the hope that people will be interested in helping out, I made a special thread on the mod's forum. Please go there and leave your opinion if you want the mod to be as balanced as possible.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS! I am leaving it here as an archive of my previous work, but if you want to play the latest version of the mod then avoid this.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.