The Improvement Mod touches on every aspect of the game, improving and tweaking every feature the game has to offer while also adding many new ones.
The mod adds new units, buildings, maps, civilizations, soundtracks and game modes. All of this results in a very refined gameplay experience powered by an improved AI and more detailed graphics. Balancing is also a main focus and the mod has been tuned for competitive play. Check the "Features" for more details.
The mod works with both versions of the game, Steam and non-Steam, and is only available for The Asian Dynasties expansion but requires Age of Empires 3 plus The WarChiefs expansion and The Asian Dynasties 1.3. It is recommended to install over the AoE3 Complete Collection (Steam version) as it contains everything the mod needs.
- new Large, Regicide, Custom and themed maps (and new map options)
- new gameplay features such as Control Points, improved King of the Hill mode and Trade Monopoly
- overall many balance changes and gameplay tweaks, plus some returning features from AoE2
- new original soundtracks, taken from campaigns and other AoE related sources
- new and improved AI made to work with the newly added features
- fixed and improved formations, animations and visual effects such as smoke, dust and blood
- new playable civilizations, the early formed USA (Americans) and the divided Italians
- new Consulate allies (Italians, Swedish and Americans) and improved Revolution civilizations
- new units, cards, techs, buildings, sounds and hotkeys
- many fixes across the board, from broken textures to bugged units, techs, pathfinding and sounds
- reduced the randomness in attacks and damage patterns and improved area damage
- and much, much more
As you might know, there's been a huge breakthrough in the AoE3 modding community in the past week, a breakthrough which allows modders to finally and completely add new civilizations into the game!
And because of this, I went back and revived my American civ from the dead. Went through it, updated everything, fixed most bugs and I am now releasing it in the prototype as well.
Also, I need to stress this again, people who have the old version of the mod, if you plan to run the patcher again from this point onward, please reinstall your games first or else it will break everything.
That's all. Have fun. And report all the bugs that you find.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.