The Improvement Mod touches on every aspect of the incredible game that is Age of Empires 3 and its expansions, improving and tweaking every feature the game has to offer while also adding many new features and content such as new units, buildings, maps, civilizations, soundtracks and game modes.
All of this results in a very refined gameplay experience powered by an improved AI and better visuals. Balancing is also a main focus for the mod and everything has been made as balanced and fair as possible. Check the "Features" section for more details.
Both single and multiplayer are supported and expanded with more teams, a new continent of maps and improved game rules. The mod and all its features are also fully ESO compatible.
The mod is recommended for AoE3 Complete Collection (Steam version) as it contains everything the mod needs, although it can be installed over any version as long as the game has both expansions and ALL official updates.
- new African, American and Oceania maps plus new Large, Regicide, Custom and themed maps (and new map options)
- new native allies for the new maps and new African and Oceania animals and props
- new gameplay features such as Control Points, improved King of the Hill mode and Trade Monopoly
- overall many balance changes and gameplay tweaks, plus some returning features from AoE2
- new original soundtracks, taken from campaigns and other AoE related sources
- new and improved AI made to work with the newly added features
- fixed and improved formations, animations and visual effects such as smoke, dust and blood
- new playable civilizations, the Americans, Italians and Swedish
- new Consulate allies (Americans, Italians and Swedish) and improved Revolution civilizations
- new unique resource for European civilizations, Fame (similar to Export)
- new units, cards, techs, buildings, sounds and hotkeys for all civilizations
- new unique civilization bonuses and new team bonuses
- rebalance and new content for every old and new civilization
- randomized Consulate allies, Revolution leaders, age up Politicians and Council members
- many fixes across the board, from broken textures to bugged units, techs, pathfinding and sounds
- reduced the randomness in attacks and damage patterns and improved area damage
- new visual rendering features such as "Multisample anti-aliasing" and "Alpha to coverage"
- upgraded the DirectX version the game is using in the mod
- redesigned and improved naval warfare with better ship handling and formations
- improved map details, added extra particles and props
- fixes and improvements for the "Out of sync" error
- full LAN and ESO support with more available teams
- multiplayer save game support, OOS restoration, and other UHC features
- upscaled UI textures
- revived diplomacy feature
- increased population and unit selection limit
- and much, much more
“The Circle of Ossus strives for the constant betterment of not only themselves, but the whole of mankind. Championing the traditions of an age long past, those who serve under Ossus seek lost knowledge and forbidden arts; with hopes of heralding a new golden age, and standing forth as beacons of light in troubled times.”
The Council of Cardinals stands as the governing body of the Circle of Ossus, and maintains the authority to make executive decisions in all aspects regarding the interests of the order and its subsidiaries. The Grand Cardinal has the highest authority from within the Council.
Cardinals are sworn in by the Grand Cardinal, or by unanimous vote of the Council. Once appointed, Cardinals can retain their position for life as long as they serve the Circle faithfully. Those that do not act in the best interest of the order can be forcibly removed on grounds of treason and executed, if they do not step down willingly. The Council can hold anywhere from five to twelve Cardinals at any given moment, including the Grand Cardinal.
One notable Circle subsidiary are the Bavarian Illuminati, founded by Adam Weishaupt in 1776. Weishaupt served as Grand Cardinal for the Circle of Ossus and he used the Illuminati as cover up for rebuilding the order to its former glory after the defeat in the Americas, by attracting Europe's elite into the fold.
For his first act as Grand Cardinal, Weishaupt ordered the construction of the Havana Ossuary to secure a better foothold for the Circle in the New World.
Militarily the Circle of Ossus can rely on the forces commanded by their Cardinals and generals all over the world. Their unparalleled knowledge of science and alchemy allows them to outfit their men with equipment superior to any other in the world, with artillery a thousand times as powerful as the standard nine-pounders of the day. In addition, the Circle is able to create mysterious white colored animals with superior strength and abilities, that charge fearless into enemy lines.
The Circle also commands an elite corps of troops known as the Boneguard. The Boneguard are a unit in personal service to the Council of Cardinals, operating on the orders of the Council or Grand Cardinal.
The Boneguard are led by Inquisitors, commanders and generals who carry out the will of the Circle.
Boneguards are masters of sword and gunpowder, knowledgeable in all military tactics and chosen from the top ranks of commandeered armies, and as such, Boneguards usually find themselves outside and above the regular chain of command. The Captain of the Boneguard is chosen by the Grand Cardinal from among the current members of the corps.
The Boneguard and other members of the Circle are known to often communicate in ancient and dead languages as to not divulge sensitive information to those that serve them, and for other, more mystical purposes.
“... and so I stand before it, that which so many have failed to find. The Circle's archives tell of the death of the titan mother Gaia, and at her resting place, a temple built by the Atlanteans. Hidden and guarded by the Moon. The waters blessed with the gift of life. The Fountain of Youth. Tomorrow I will finally taste its waters and start my ascension; our will has only one resolve. But the knights are starting to get suspicious. Those savages have poisoned words. Morgan must be dealt with before he does something foolish.”
- Alain Magnan, days before his death
Although the Fountain of Youth has been the Circle's focus for more than 300 years in the New World, the order has been engaged in other ventures all around the globe during this period, searching for mysterious artifacts, unlocking forgotten knowledge and seeking to achieve god-like ascension through any means deemed necessary.
Many have opposed the Circle over the centuries but none have managed to deter the order from their ambitions. The Black family and their allies have put a hold on the order's plans on several occasions, however the Circle of Ossus has yet to reveal their full power and influence...
New AoE3 Improvement Mod Discord server. You better use it.
The mod needs balancing and only the community can do it.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS! I am leaving it here as an archive of my previous work, but if you want to play the latest version of the mod then avoid this.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.