I've reached a point with this mod where It's pretty balanced for the playstyles of me and the current testers. So, to improve it more I need more testers and feedback from people with all sorts of playstyles and skill levels.
All you have to do as a tester is: play the mod, give opinions/ ideas and propose balance changes. Your opinion is important and can change the mod drastically!
Here's the thread to apply if you're interested: Twcenter.net
If you do not use Total War Center forums, you can comment on this page instead.
**Downloads and videos are on the TWCenter official mod post:**
I'm a huge fan of vanilla M2TW with over 2000 hours playtime but some parts just infuriate me and there are plenty of units/ factions that are either straight upgrades or useless. Igni Ferroque is a multiplayer balance mod that sticks closely to the vanilla style. The aim is to create a whole new balance which should allow much more satisfying gameplay by rewarding good strategy.
The name is a Latin phrase referring to the scorched earth tactic, meaning "With fire and iron".
> Much larger difference between cheap troops and elites.
> Counters are stronger.
> Lighter units are faster, heavier units are slower.
> A lot of units are specialized to fill a certain role:
- Standard cavalry (good all-round)
- Shock cavalry (great on the charge but melt away quickly in drawn out fights)
- Melee cavalry (specialize in drawn out melee fights, especially against other cavalry)
- Spear cavalry (some cavalry use only spears to fight and excel against other cavalry)
- Bow cavalry (low damage but high ammo count. Used for harassing the enemy and killing weak units)
- Javelin and crossbow cavalry (high damage, used to single out and damage elite units)
- Standard infantry (good all-round)
- Defensive infantry (useful for holding an area and acting as an anvil)
- Offensive infantry (useful for killing quickly)
- Shock infantry (similar to shock cavalry)
- Spearmen (high defense, low attack, great vs cavalry)
- Archers (the most versatile ranged type, they can shoot over walls and friendly units and also have decent range)
- Crossbowmen (high damage but struggle to shoot over things, especially the steel crossbows)
- Javelinmen (high damage, low range, bonus vs elephants)
- Musketeers (high damage and good range, used for sniping elites)
- Arquebusiers (anti-horde, low damage that hits multiple enemies like a shotgun)
- Handgunners (melee infantry that can shoot before engaging)
- General bodyguards (very tanky but low damage output, lots of custom bodyguards added)
- Ambush units (great at hiding, usually get combat bonuses in woods)
> These will be shown in the unit descriptions along with the range of any projectile weapons.
> No 2 units in a faction have the same stats.
- Example: peasant crossbows have more damage output (due to more numbers) but are less reliable than crossbow militia.
> Artillery flaming rounds are much more effective against units.
> Anti-armour units actually excel against armour.
> Phalanx weapons (pikes, halberds, voulges and sword staffs) are all fixed.
> Every faction has a way of stopping cavalry charges (phalanx or stakes).
> Added a lot of new units from the kingdoms expansions and also some custom units:
> Added a ton of new maps, including some scenarios/ historical battles:
> This is balanced for HUGE army size and ALL time periods. (you can still use others though)
> Units get a lot more expensive once they go red, so be aware of that when making your army.
> I prioritise balance over realism always. Gameplay is king.
> I made a steam group to help find people using the mod: Steamcommunity.com
> I am willing to change things so any feedback/ suggestions/ criticism is welcome.
> I will credit anyone who contributes to the mod in the install file.
> Make me maps! I will credit you fully in the text file and add your name to the preview pic of the map.
> This mod will most likely not work with the disc version, but that doesn't matter too much since it's a multiplayer mod.
> The mod installs in a mod folder, leaving vanilla untouched.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Follow the Total War Center thread for all the updates! I'm currently looking for testers to help improve the mod even further. (The link to apply is...
It's been a while since the last update and this one is bigger than all the others put together! 67 new units, 9 new maps, tonnes of balance changes and...
A bunch of balance tweaks, some reworks including cannon towers and sipahi lancers; 3 new custom maps and 2 new historical battles - one of which demonstrates...
Just a small update with some minor but important tweaks.
Another update! I've been busy getting the mod ready for the new Zim Zam campaign; adding units, fine tuning balance between both different units and...
Deus Vult update! An entire faction rework, many custom units added and some general teaks!
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.