To play this mod you need any version of Company of Heroes v2.602 (CoH, OF, or ToV) Annihilate & Victory Point games are supported! This is the minimal...
Commanders Mod is a unique Company of heroes modification which only takes the best parts of CoH gameplay and expands on that. The result is a game with intensity you have never experienced before. This mod will test your skills over and over again. Commanders Mod is great for competitive matches, but also fun to play with friends or against the AI. How is this achieved?
1: No more recourse gathering / base building
· The player has all his resources at the begin of the match. This is all he will be able to use. All structures and units are also available at the begin of the match. Do not worry anymore about the enemy having more recourses or units. One lost battle no longer means the end of the game, as long as you have recourses remaining there are fresh troops to reinforce your army. Experience the complete company of heroes experience for the entire length of the match!
2: No more spam
· Population is limited, this means that it is no longer possible to have a huge armored car blob while still having enough AT plus infantry to capture.
· Retreating a squad means you will lose it. No more giant infantry blobs that retreat at the first sign of trouble.
· Abilities that use special weapons (grenades, etc) are limited to amount of uses per squad, abilities that change stars (fire up, rapid fire) are on a long recharge. Your soldiers wont last forever.
· On map artillery barrage recharge times are increased.
· All sectors can be captured by just standing inside it with infantry, also every sector counts as a single victory point. No more choke points and useless clicking needed on all the little points, focus on the fight!
· Reinforcing your squads is 50% more expensive than buying a new squad, so take care of them!
· Same story for tanks, they can no longer be repaired by engineers but can only use a single repair kit. Micro!
· Off map artillery is delayed by 6 seconds before activating. Pay attention and you will dodge it.
· Matches tend to be fast paced and quite short. Action is around you all the time thanks to the fresh troops being ready to replace fallen soldiers all the time and sectors being the key to victory.
4: Ultimate balance
· I have gathered information from the entire CoH community and used this to balance the game. I will stay connected with this mod and it will receive balance patches as long as there is feedback.
· All armies gain Veterancy like the Americans. There is also a Veterancy rework since vet in CoH tends to be quite overpowered.
· Broken/unbalanced units and abilities have been reworked.
Features of the mod include
· Once a doctrine has been chosen all the abilities become available right away
· New doctrines build on top of the default ones
· New units
· New maps
· Increased zoom out
· Custom veterancy icons by Vetriggo
· Some changes made to the AI to make it work better in the new environment
· The ToV units no longer need to be switched on/off. They are available all the time
· Various vCoH bug fixes/tweaks
Click here for the full Commanders Mod Change list!
Plans for the future
· Add a unique commander unit for every doctrine in the game. The commander gives bonuses to your units but if you lose him your army loses morale. The commander unit can be upgraded trough the right bar of the Doctrine screen but also gains special abilities trough veterancy.
There are too many changes to list all of them, but here are the key new features:
· 3 New unlockable doctrine upgrades for each doctrine (click here for a preview)
· New Units
· Custom Maps
· First iteration of Commander units for Luftwaffe Doctrine
· Annihilate game mode is now properly supported
· HQ Structures no longer need to be constructed
· Tweaks to ATC Territory capture
· Higher difficulty CPU now has more resources rather than more HP on their units
· Special units & Abilities now cost Command Points to use
· Tons of balance changes, bug fixes & tweaks
Click here to download Commanders Mod v0.6.2: