A massive rip in the in the very fabric of reality was caused inadvertently by the Scrins use of their rift weapon. This anomaly would eventually be known has the Dimensional rift. The effects were devastating, the time line was shattered and suddenly people, events, vehicles even buildings suddenly ceased to exist. Suddenly both GDI & Nod had vastly altered armies. Old technology was mixed in with the new, briefly the war was suspended, has both armies struggled to come to terms with both their loses and their new additions. And what of the Scrin? completely unaffected! It was 3 weeks after the dimensional rift that the first skirmish occurred. Nod forces destroyed a relief convoy that was moving to assist a small GDI outpost, all personnel were lost. Belatedly GDI declared war on Nod, the tools of war may have change, but Tiberium was still present, Kane still alive and mankind's future still uncertain.

Forum Thread
Release 8 (Games : C&C3: Tiberium Wars : Mods : Command & Conquer: Tiberian History : Forum : General Tiberian History Discussion : Release 8) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 10 2016 Anchor

Well,here we go on forum:)

So,can you plz tell,what do you have in mind for release 8? (Units,Buildings,animations,OST's)

cant wait for it!

and ty for reply

Dec 10 2016 Anchor

I am going to add a C-130 for Nod (this is mostly done, but needs polishing). As it stands it will initially only be used to deliver the Seed tiberium support power, however it means that the CnC3 Armageddon bomber will no longer be used!

I have an anti air vehicle for GDI (this is also mostly done).

There is a trike type vehicle that I am adding for Nod, that will only be available as a support power. However this will be one of 3 trial items. With these trial items, they will need a lot of testing, and if I find too many problems then I will be forced to remove them from the final release.

One of the trial items will cause major controversy because it is from CnC4! I plan on adding the defensive Crawler as a high tier support power. It will be expensive, and you would only be allowed one of them at a time. It would have a special build queue that allowed it to build a selection of units including infantry units (not CnC4 units!). It would not give build radius (so no placing of defensive structures). I will not explain any more, you will have to wait for the news article, but like I said, this will only be a trial.

The Tiberian dawn Orca will be added (I have the model, but I have not done any of the extra work needed, animations, damage textures, code...).

It is possible that I will add my version of the CnC4 Mammoth tank. The catch is that iy would only be buildable from the deployed Crawler!
This is not guaranteed to happen, but is likely.

I want to add a couple of structures (one from TD, one from TS, both for Nod), but structures always give me a huge amount of problems, so I will leave them till last (and then they might not happen). At least one should be done, a Tiberian Dawn Communication centre that will go to Nod, and replace the CnC3 Operation centre.

The Scrin will get the Overlords wrath support power (the tiberium meteor).

I will look into adding the Marv as a very rare crate item. It will have 4 different upgrades that will fill the slots for you, rather than adding infantry in yourself.

You should bear in mind that not once in the history of this mod have I ever come up with a list at the beginning of the mod, and managed to complete that list. Something always goes wrong, whether it is code issues, or animation problems, or the item not meeting expectations. This is why I only discuss and show things that are practically finished. In the past I would show half finished stuff, and would end up having to let people know that the item that they had discussed and were excited to test had been removed from the mod.

Dec 10 2016 Anchor

yeah,I understand and thanks that you've allowed me to check on your progress/ideas :3

Can you plz fix a composite armor upgrade for GDI infantry (to be properly shown on models,maybe this upgrade will give Minigunners an armor from TibSun?)

Hmm,what about cyborg commandos/Nod Cyborgs?

And also maybe you can ask Carnius about borrowing his Titan Walker (looks insane),you can just tweak it a bit for your own specs

and what about release date?

And again,thank you very much

+++ That idea with Crawlers sounds pretty cool to my mind (a lof of different tactics already on its way^^)

My fav.mod of all times for C&C3

Edited by: D.Va-N

Dec 10 2016 Anchor
D.Va-N wrote:

Can you plz fix a composite armor upgrade for GDI infantry (to be properly shown on models,maybe this upgrade will give Minigunners an armor from TibSun?)
That requires more work then I could do at this moment. I will look into what I can do about the new Rocket troop.

Hmm,what about cyborg commandos/Nod Cyborgs?
Not happening in this release, Cyborg would need animations, which I cannot do.

And also maybe you can ask Carnius about borrowing his Titan Walker (looks insane),you can just tweak it a bit for your own specs
I will never take anything from TE, I do not think it is a good idea.

and what about release date?
No release date. It normally takes between 4-8 months from the posting of the first update image! these things take a long time, especially when you are working alone.

Thanks for taking the time to use the forum!

Dec 11 2016 Anchor

Heyo,Madin,I also would like to pinpoint a little mistakes in Release VII

1) The APS upgrade for a Nod APC after completion shows Upgrade Completed:"MISSINGStringAPSUpgrade"

2) The same thing with Zocom Orca Upgrade,but instead of missing it shows nothing,just "upgrade complete:"

I know,those things are not that important,but still it catches my eyes all the time:)

And the last thing, is there any way to fix this "tint objects" bug? (With tiberium based weaponry,when SSM or Chemical Warriors are killing infantry units,the half of the screen goes green)

Dec 11 2016 Anchor
D.Va-N wrote:

Heyo,Madin,I also would like to pinpoint a little mistakes in Release VII

1) The APS upgrade for a Nod APC after completion shows Upgrade Completed:"MISSINGStringAPSUpgrade"
I have fixed this now, thanks for pointing out.

2) The same thing with Zocom Orca Upgrade,but instead of missing it shows nothing,just "upgrade complete:"
I have also fixed this.

I know,those things are not that important,but still it catches my eyes all the time:)

And the last thing, is there any way to fix this "tint objects" bug? (With tiberium based weaponry,when SSM or Chemical Warriors are killing infantry units,the half of the screen goes green)
There is no way of fixing it.

Dec 12 2016 Anchor

Happy to help you :P

Btw,maybe if smth will go wrong with defense crawler (I doubt it),but still,maybe you can then give this C&C4 Mammoth to GDI as a some kind of Hero Unit (like a prototype Rail Gun tank)?

And maybe you can change the model of Saboteur with Chemical Trooper (man,I know that you are tired of this idea,but still)

and again ty for your attention ^^

Staying tuned on updates and thats cool,that we are communicating :)

Apr 8 2017 Anchor

Great Mod, anyway to increase zoom height or maybe add the zoom mod from

link
Moddb.com

We all now have huge monitors and awesome graphics cards, we can handle the zooming out. RA3 really needs it.

Thanks for the Great work you do.

Zebtar99

Apr 8 2017 Anchor
zebtar99 wrote:

Great Mod, anyway to increase zoom height or maybe add the zoom mod from

link
Moddb.com

We all now have huge monitors and awesome graphics cards, we can handle the zooming out. RA3 really needs it.

Thanks for the Great work you do.

Zebtar99

The only way that I can think of is to use the New experience mod. This guide tells you how to combine the New experience mod with other mods: Moddb.com

The issue is that it will not work for all your downloaded maps, it will only work on New experience maps. And you might not like the zoom style of the mod.

Apr 8 2017 Anchor

Hey,bro
Do you have plans on fixing those little mistakes,that I've pinpointed?
(just wonder,its cool as it is already, my favourite release, but it would be better if you could fix some things,that are fixable)
Like: 1) Removing an ability icon for chemical warriors,which has a description of flametrhower squad.
2) Renaming flamethrower to Flametrooper squad/ Mammoth Tank (call-in) to Mammoth MKIV and etc.

Also there is a little mistake with a Nod Raider buggy, when pressing both LMB and RMB it shows a model of vanilla NOD Raider, every other vehicle is fine.
Those things are not that important, but still if this is the last release, then let it be perfect:)

Edited by: D.Va-N

Apr 8 2017 Anchor
D.Va-N wrote:

Hey,bro
Do you have plans on fixing those little mistakes,that I've pinpointed?
No, and I already stated why, and have no intention of repeating myself.
(just wonder,its cool as it is already, my favourite release, but it would be better if you could fix some things,that are fixable)
Like: 1) Removing an ability icon for chemical warriors,which has a description of flametrhower squad.
2) Renaming flamethrower to Flametrooper squad/ Mammoth Tank (call-in) to Mammoth MKIV and etc.

Also there is a little mistake with a Nod Raider buggy, when pressing both LMB and RMB it shows a model of vanilla NOD Raider, every other vehicle is fine.
Good catch, I never got round to coding the new formation preview model
Those things are not that important, but still if this is the last release, then let it be perfect:)

May 11 2017 Anchor

Saved Games are crush after being loaded.

May 11 2017 Anchor
ekace wrote:

Saved Games are crush after being loaded.

Sorry about this ekace, I asked around about how to solve this issue, but nobody could help me! For now, you will not be able to use saved skirmish games.

May 11 2017 Anchor

Thx Madin. Btw. i played in story-mode but the problem seems to be the same. so i have to try to play a mission without saving :)

Jun 11 2017 Anchor

Hi Madin! I read the msg now many mos later..

I had another question, is there any reason as to why NOD infantry seem to take just a bit longer when getting into a transport unit? I don't mean by air but ground like APC etc.. Its a small detail but those extra seconds add up with multiple infantry getting into multiple vehicles since there is a strict limit of 1 per vehicle where in reality, APC's carry multiple infantry. I've noticed generally GDI units get immediately into vehicles on approach but NOD, it seems to take like an extra second or two before you hear and see them as being inside.. I didn't differentiate IF that is NOD infantry getting into NOD vehicles only OR if that includes NOD infantry getting into GDI vehicles as well.

It seems like I also noticed some weird things happen but I can't remember exact details.. It seems like I remember playing GDI's side and for some reason I didn't have the sidebar powers like I normally should. What I mean is, it seems like either the air powers were missing and/or the mammoth tank "drop" was missing.. Idk if it was in skirmish or campaign and which mission. I know some powers are not available based on structures/upgrades but that was not the issue. I'll have to see if I experience it again.

I've also experienced situations w/ GDI where air transports are available BUT they didn't pick up the units. I didn't try at the time to individually see if I can force individual units to load up but I could select the transports and move them around as normal. I can't remember for sure but it seems like it was the GDI anti-air tank units that can detect stealth aircraft.. Maybe I needed to manually load them into each aircraft? But of course normally when you call for transport, you select units, call and they're automatically picked up.

Jun 11 2017 Anchor

I had another question, is there any reason as to why NOD infantry seem to take just a bit longer when getting into a transport unit? I don't mean by air but ground like APC etc.. Its a small detail but those extra seconds add up with multiple infantry getting into multiple vehicles since there is a strict limit of 1 per vehicle where in reality, APC's carry multiple infantry. I've noticed generally GDI units get immediately into vehicles on approach but NOD, it seems to take like an extra second or two before you hear and see them as being inside.. I didn't differentiate IF that is NOD infantry getting into NOD vehicles only OR if that includes NOD infantry getting into GDI vehicles as well.

I checked the code, and this should not be the case. If you do further investigations, and find anything interesting, I will look into it further.

I've also experienced situations w/ GDI where air transports are available BUT they didn't pick up the units. I didn't try at the time to individually see if I can force individual units to load up but I could select the transports and move them around as normal. I can't remember for sure but it seems like it was the GDI anti-air tank units that can detect stealth aircraft.. Maybe I needed to manually load them into each aircraft? But of course normally when you call for transport, you select units, call and they're automatically picked up.

Yikes! you are correct! The Sidam is not on the list of vehicles that the transport can pick up. What an oversight!
Sadly this is not a big enough issue for a newly patched release, however I have made a note on it, and if there ever was another release, it would be fixed.

Thanks for your report!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.