Remember the original Command & Conquer? Remember all the units, characters and themes from that game? Well, that classic from the early 90's that spawned over a dozen titles and revolutionized the RTS gaming world has been reincarnated in the C&C Generals Zero Hour SAGE 3D game engine and looks better than ever with 40 campaign missions with the original briefing videos! But once that is finished, you can dish it out in a skirmish or multiplayer game to your hearts content with the all new skirmish AI developed exclusively for this Mod!

Forum Thread
My 3 C&C TD Redux v1.4 issues! (Games : C&C: Generals Zero Hour : Mods : C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux : Forum : Technical Support : My 3 C&C TD Redux v1.4 issues!) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 13 2015 Anchor

Hello.

I just downloaded and installed your Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn Redux v1.4 I got a kick of seeing videos, screen shots, and hearing its audio online. However, I ran into a few issues:

1. How the heck do I skip the cutscenes that I already saw in C&C DOS? I don't need to rewatch them! :P

2. Going to options to change music volume changes my screen resolution, so I said nevermind and go back to 1980x1024 resolution. However, your
"mod" crashes: S28.postimg.org ... I was unable to click on anything with my movable mouse cursor. I could not
even alt-f4, alt-tab back to desktop (kept going back to the game), etc. I had to telnet into my very old, Windows XP Pro SP3 computer and kill
it. :(

3. Everything is big even at 1920x1080 resolution. How can I make trees, units, etc. smaller?

4. While playing GDI's 2 levels and Nod's 1 level. Sometimes deploying GDI's MCV doesn't work. I had to move it around and
deploy somewhere else. :(

Also, will there be a port for C&C3's engine? ;)

I hope these issues can be fixed so I can play fully! Thank you in advance. :)

Edited by: antdude

sgtmyers88
sgtmyers88 Lead
Dec 16 2015 Anchor

Sorry just saw this post. (we don't use this forum anymore) See here Cnc-comm.com

To answer the questions.

1.) Not possible in-game. If it is a problem the "Lite" install might be ideal for you. Moddb.com

2.) do not use the options menu or the .ini file. Zero Hour was not made to be used at widescreen formats. However the way to work around this is to right click on the shortcut and add a command line parameter -xres 1920 -yres 1080 or whatever format is suitable for your screen. The launcher had this as an option as well.

3.) See Answer #2 You can extract gamedata.ini and edit the Min/MaxCameraHeight = settings. However the problem you describe seems to vary with various systems with some having it and others not. Otherwise try playing it in the 1600x1200 format that seems to be immune to this bug.

4.) The game engine does not like the MCV system which used a lot of creative coding hacks to get around to working. A likely unfixable bug.

5.) Wont be happening. The project has been in a development cycle too long and it would take an incredible amount of effort to rebuild everything on another game. This Mod started before C&C 3 was released. It has mostly been me doing all the coding and scripting along with the campaign level design. If someone wants the Mod assets to do so by all means they can. But I will not be. lol

While it is somewhat of a remake/re-imagining. Some liberties had to be applied to make it work on the now outdated Generals SAGE Engine. Thus the gameplay mechanics and themes will not be 100 percent identical. The same issues will be encountered on C&C 3 as well.

Thank you for your reports.

Edited by: sgtmyers88

--

He who controls the past commands the future... He who commands the future conquers the past...

Dec 19 2015 Anchor

Thanks for the answers. The more I play it, the more issues I ran into and struiggled with. Game is also slow (not FPS), just slow. :(

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.