Prepare to see the most disturbing, sadistic and morbid manifestation of violence that you ever seen in your life. This is the definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Warning: After you see it, it cannot be unseen!
This is an unofficial bugfix release to make Brutal Doom run on newer GZDoom and Zandronum versions and fix several other bugs. There are some minor tweaks as well but it's 99% faithful to original Brutal Doom. Of course Brutal Doom is made and copyrighted by Sargeant Mark IV and this patch requires loading Brutal Doom v20b first. Remember that old savegames are not compatible. (UPDATED 09/03/17)
List of changes:
- Fixed game hung on deep water sectors. (PB 2.03 is also affected).
- Fixed too long melee range for Hell Knights.
- Decreased particles for the rest of liquid splashes as well to increase performance.
- Removed easy marines (more nazis, savegames not compatible).
- Added missing sound for the supersecret weapon.
- Now loads with GZDoom 2.2 and above and future Zandronum versions. (*)
- Nazis are back for most maps, evil marines mostly removed. This takes into account the number of original Wolf3D soldiers in every level. However removed specific wad support.
- Now you can actually get the Hitler's Buzzsaw and the MP40 is back. Added another secret weapon, a strange nazi artifact (taken from my Heresy mod).
- Fixed secondary BFG attack dealing no damage.
- Free pump action is back for the shotgun, now has higher priority than the SSG.
- Raised damage slightly for the SSG.
- Pistol now works and has autofire. (you start with both the rifle and the pistol).
- Removed jumping for barons and knights.
- Fixed throwable barrels.
- Agonizing demons no longer stay frozen for a while.
- Fixed wrong palette for lava splashes.
- Fixed unusable clip ammo still being picked up.
- Moved MP40 and MG40 to slot 8, hellish missile launcher to slot 9 and added something to slot 0.
- Fixed imp shields dissapearing after being thrown.
- Decreased number of particles for water splashes (caused massive slowdowns).
- Removed one in the chamber for the MP40.
(*) Tested with GZDoom 2.4.0 and 3.1.0, QZDoom 188.8.131.52 and 2.0 and ZDoom32 2.8.2.
Have fun! Original Brutal Doom still rulez.