The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.
This is a public test version of Brutal Doom v21. it's not finished, I still don't have all the planned features done, but it already is more stable than v20b and has a giant list of new things implemented. Almost everything you have seen on my dev diary trailers can be found on this version. Full version is planned to come up in late May.
This is a public test version of Brutal Doom v21. it's not finished, I still don't have all the planned features done,but it already is more stable than v20b and has a giant list of new things implemented.
Almost everything you have seen on my dev diary trailers can be found on this version.
Full version is planned to come up in late May.
Compatible with FreeDoom.
- Players can kick zombie heads by walking over them just like in Blood (only works on Singleplayer for performance measures)
- Destroyable bodies now works on multiplayer. Theoretically there should not be any increase in net traffic.
- Fixed lots of bugs related to weapons.
- Added muddy blood pools for both blue and green blood types when falling over liquids.
- Added a key binding (default O) to select the ammo drop function.
- Player's health and armor can no longer go past 300.
- Fixed a bug causing a dying imp to spawn infinite head hitboxes.
- Health and Armor bonus won't respawn in multiplayer to prevent players from abusing it and slowing down Survival games.
- Increased player's resistance to shrapnel damage, so the extra damage caused by barrels wont cause unintended deaths and prevent maps that heavily relies on barrels and voodoo dolls from breaking up.
- Fixed meatshields for all zombies (Still missing a few sprites/placeholders).
- Fixed a bug that didn't allowed the player to rocket jump.
- Added new weapon icons for dual wielding.
- Fixed missing evil marines on A.L.T. wad, and Mr. X on Scythe 2.
- Tanks entirely remade. They were rebalanced, now have 3D models, works both on first and third person mode, and in case the tank is destroyed, the player is always safely ejected Necrodome-style.
- Improved the way some enemies reacts to tanks, like the cyberdemon won't try to unneficiently stomp it, and imps and pinkies wont suicidally run under its threads.
- Zombie tanks code also remade. Now they behave like actual tanks and added weak points on their rears.
- Player can now roll left/right by holding the Shift button and pressing A or D.
- Rocket backblast now working properly.
- Improved railgun wall piercing code.
- New explosion particles.
- Fixed a bug related to MP40's ammo.
- Rebalance: The SSG can no longer instakill Barons with a single headshot. You need at least two perfect headshots to kill a Baron.
- Added a SMG zombie variation that has a small chance of replacing the Shotgun zombie. It deals the exact same DPS, and drops the SMG. This will make the SMG easier to find on most playthroughs.
- You can dual wield the Mp40s.
- Improved gore gut sprites and large blood pools.
- Added new rotting decorative gore sprites.
- Pinky Demons can be enraged by taunts. They will become twice as fast, and will infight with absolutely anything that hits them.
- Any pinky demon will get enraged if it is able to see the player from a very long distance. This change will be mostly noticed on Eday's city maps.
- Fixed the nazis on the wolfenstein level not giving the Purist player ammo drops.
- Changed MP40's sounds to something sharper that sounds more like the real gun.
- Fixed an unintended difficulty setting that made enemies respawn on Black Metal difficulty.
- Changed the purist's smg, now it has bigger rate of fire, spread, and updated sprite.
- Added a cvar to disable footstep sounds (bd_footstepsounds 1 to enable, 0 to disable, can be changed on options)
- Added a special menu for Credits.
- Many minor fixes.
- Doubled pistol and smg maximum ammo pool.
- Fixed a bug on the Evil Marine's death animations that often prevented the exit doors on EDAY06 from opening.
- Increased Machinegun's damage per bullet by 1.
- Reduced the Super Mastermind's health by half.
- Fixed a bug that didn't allowed the axe to be picked up on multiplayer.
- Fixed several weapon bugs.
- Re-introduced the Evil Marines. Now they can either have a rifle or plasmagun and have the ability to jump over obstacles.
- Archviles no longer kills captured marines, instead, turns them into Evil Marines.
- Fixed some bugs necessary for the latest version of Extermination Day beta to work.
December 16 Changelog:
- Archvile's attacks will now thrust the player upwards just like in Vanilla Doom.
- Increased the fire rate of the Shotgun and the Super Shotgun.
- Decreased minigun spread and wind up time, increased recoil.
- New fire sound for the minigun.
- Fixed a bug that caused infinite heads of a Hell Knight to explode, causing a lot of lag.
- Assault Shotgun's reload can be stopped to switch to another weapon.
- Removed a screen effect when taking damage from explosives that caused the game to desync online.
- Rifle magazines gives 30 ammo instead of 10.
- Fixed a bug that caused enemies to scream infinitely when killed outside the player's view.
- Increased damage caused by hook and uppercuts while on Berserk mode.
- Flying monsters (cacodemon, pain elemental, lost soul) now takes 3x bonus damage from shrapnel, making frags and the grenade launcher much more effective against them.
- Restored over the top death animation for zombies and imps when killing them with shotguns at point blank range.
- Now after the eye removal fatality on Cacodemons, the player is able to throw the cacodemon's eye (knocks down small enemies).