Back to Basics is a total conversion mod, that not only adds units and abilities but also a new weapon damage and penetration system. This improves gameplay and requires more tactical assaults and defenses. Weapon ranges are also greatly increased and also includes a greatly improved AI. Back to Basics: Battle of the Hegdes adds realism to Company of Heroes, to make it even better. It is compatible with Company of Heroes, Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor, always with the latest patch. You do not have to own all 3 products of the Company of Heroes series to play Back to Basics.
Here is the current changlog for v1.13 of Back to Basics, which is going to be released soon.
Posted by Celution on Oct 6th, 2010
- All Mortar accuracy has been nerfed; they were to powerfull
- 20mm Puma Gun overall accuracy has been nerfed
- 20mm Puma Gun damage vs. the m8 armour type.
- Deuce and a Half cckw can no longer reinforce
- Deuce and a Half selection bug fixed.
- All basic Artillery barrages cost 50 munitions to fire.
- All basic Mortar barrages cost 20 munitions to fire.
- Logistic Pioneers renamed to Gebirgsjäger; also with new skin.
- Scottish Infantry renamed to Highlanders.
- New Staff Sergeant Modelmixed skin.
- Jagdpanther Tank Commander.
- New Jagdtiger skin.
- Crommwell Gun now sounds like the 75mm Sherman Gun.*
- M26 Pershing/M36 Jackson Guns now sounds like the Firefly Gun.*
- King Tiger/Jagdpanther/Panther Gun now sounds like the Marder III Gun.*
- Panzer IV Gun no sounds like the Hetzer Gun.*
- Infantry Section cost decreased to 380 manpower.
- Highlanders cost decreased to 320 manpower.
- Canadian Infantry cost decreased to 350 manpower.
- Casualty Clearing Station now heals like American Triage Center.
- All Tank Guns have been fixed vs. emplacements.
- Sturmhaubitze 42 has been re-added to the Schwere SS PanzerAbteilung 102 doctrine, When you call in Heavy Armor Reinforcement you'll now either get a StuH42 or an Ostwind.
- 105mm M2a1 Howitzer Emplacement can now be multi selected.
- Wehrmacht 88mm Flak 36 AT/AA Emplacement is now in a different emplacement.
- New Staff Sergeant Skin.
- Decreased the Infantry Halfrack's long range accuracy.
- Decreased the 20mm Flakvierling 38's long range accuracy.
- Wehrmacht Sd.Kfz. 251 now has visable passengers which can also fire out of the Halftrack.
- Fixed the issue where the Panzer Elite 20mm Flakvierling 38 Emplacement barely took damage.
- Wehrmacht Motorcycle now costs 180 manpower and 5 fuel.
- American Jeep now costs 220 manpower and 5 fuel.
- Fixed the issue where the Grille Self-Propelled Artillery dramaticly decreased fuel and munitions income.
- Fixed the issue where the Grille Self-Propelled Artillery had it's barrage ability as first action, making it shoot at the location where you wanted it to move.
- Sturmhaubitze 42 now has the lockdown state, including the white lockdown ring.
*This has been done, because their current sound was way to loud.