Back to Basics is a total conversion mod, that not only adds units and abilities but also a new weapon damage and penetration system. This improves gameplay and requires more tactical assaults and defenses. Weapon ranges are also greatly increased and also includes a greatly improved AI. Back to Basics: Battle of the Hegdes adds realism to Company of Heroes, to make it even better. It is compatible with Company of Heroes, Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor, always with the latest patch. You do not have to own all 3 products of the Company of Heroes series to play Back to Basics.
The Cromwell Command Tank has seen significant improvements since v3.1, making it viable once again:
- Vehicles now properly share their veterancy with a nearby Command Tank, as intended. It turned out that previous veterancy changes disabled this feature, making the use of the Command Tank near vehicles nearly pointless.
- Command Tank Creeping Smoke Barrage ability no longer requires the Royal Canadian Artillery commander tree, but now requires the Command Tank to have veterancy rank 1.
- Command Tank can now capture territory sectors at a slow rate.
- Command Tank bonus radius increased from 30 to 40, allowing for easier support without having to cluster vehicles.
- Command Tank (1 available) bonuses towards vehicles and abilities changed:
*Veterancy 0: Weapon Reload Modifier 0.9, Sight Range Modifier +5
*Veterancy 1: Creeping Smoke Barrage
*Veterancy 2: Weapon Reload Modifier 0.9, Weapon Accuracy Modifier 1.1
*Veterancy 3: Weapon Reload Modifier 0.9, Weapon Accuracy Modifier 1.1
- Command Tank mobility and hitpoints equalized to the Cromwell.