This member has provided no bio about themself...
Hey I hope that guy didn't scare you away on the Matrix forums, you did some amazing work on this mod.
This is fantastic, thanks!
First two links don't work man!
Need a lowercase x in the first one, and remove some dashes in the second.
With a dash button, Painkiller style bunny hopping, and air control.
Plus you go really, really fast, it's pretty fun.
That happens to me when texture quality is turned up all the way, I think it's either a bug or Complete is loading more textures than the engine can handle.
Turning the quality down a notch seems to fix it, although your savegames are still FUBAR.
Damn, that is some dedication!
Right on, thanks dude.
RCOM focuses on more realistic combat and a TON of work has been done to the AI as well. REDUX is all about difficulty.
That's just for 1.06 though, what they've been up to since then is kind of a mystery.
Great mod! I'm just wondering, why did you use A.I. Additions instead of MAIO?
You're probably asking in the wring place. Seems like this mod is trying the enhance the game without adding features or changing the gameplay very much.
Have you tried MAIO? It has ALL the things you just mentioned.
Never mind, I played some more today and it turns out the Oasis artifact was the problem. For some reason the gas insta kills you if you're carrying it.
Is anyone else having problems in the tunnel to Pripyat? I'm at the first door, and after I open it and the snorks jump out I just instantly drop dead no matter what I do.
Is there any way around this?
Has anyone here played the PRIPYATAN mod? How does it compare to this one? I'm looking for a mod that makes things as difficult as REDUX without taking out all the fun stuff, and both mods look really good.
Use your binoculars or turn on crosshairs.
Bumping working download links! Once you download them, make sure to change the space in the name to an underscore before extracting or they won't work.
I had the same problem, look here: Moddb.com
Also, to anyone else playing this I found that you can just copy the shaders\r2 folder from LURK to make it look just as good.
I finally finished this great mod, and have a few suggestions for your next version:
- The game is REALLY fun up until Pripyat, then turns into a cakewalk. Even with just a SEVA suit I had such good artifacts that I was invincible to practically everything but surprise rpg fire and grenades. I ended up just running along the root to the sarcophagus because the last stretch was so boring.
- The bloodsuckers are CRAZY. Not that they're overpowered, but because you'll be creeping along underground only to trigger some script and have four of them come out of ******* nowhere.
- The AI is insanely accurate in close combat, but can hardly hit a thing at long range. This gets real obvious around red forest.
- The mission you get when you hit Pripyat is completely broken. One time four out of five of them were dead when I entered the map, the other time they got stuck at the two enemies behind the pipe who had been gunned down long ago by a freedom squad.
Anyway, keep up the awesome work man. Really looking forward to 2.5.
Yeah, my bad. I missed a patch.
I decided to restart my game after getting to the army warehouses. In my second play the game always crashes a few seconds after entering that same level.
Last few lines of the log file:
* phase time: 21 ms
* phase cmem: 353554 K
* [win32]: free[1904484 K], reserved[110376 K], committed[2179380 K]
* [ D3D ]: textures[1210250 K]
* [x-ray]: crt heap[353552 K], process heap[8493 K], game lua[22718 K], engine lua[139 K], render[4769 K]
* [x-ray]: economy: strings[32031 K], smem[31930 K]
[16-9] get_xml_name for[game_tutorials.xml] returns [game_tutorials.xml]
[16-9] get_xml_name for[ui_credits.xml] returns [ui_credits.xml]
[16-9] get_xml_name for[ui_movies.xml] returns [ui_movies.xml]
[16-9] get_xml_name for[maingame_pda_msg.xml] returns [maingame_pda_msg.xml]
* MEMORY USAGE: 373529 K
! error in stalker with visual actors\dolg\stalker_do_exoskeleton
I tried coming back at different parts of the day, thinking it might be a bugged event, but it still crashes.
I'm using Sky4CE shaders, latest smp version. The only thing I changed between games was install the sharper textures and no jammed weapon indicator mods, which doesn't seem like it would mess up stalker_do_exoskeleton.
Should I reinstall or what?
You can use the patch from:
Install the 1.0001 patch from direct2drive.com/patches/ first though.
Also, this mod is brutal and awesome. It's like Goldeneye and Fallout 3 left a child to grow up feral in Siberia.
I mean I just got get chased out of a sewer, which I ended up taking way too long to explore, by a pack of mutants. Emerged in a military base at 2am in near pitch blackness during a thunderstorm. Couldn't see or hear **** - I and a squad of marines were stalk each other in a two hour long firefight with only lightning flashes and the sound of gun fire to go by. Atmospheric as hell, brain in the vise grip of paranoia the entire time.
Probably the only game I've played that really does darkness and foliage well, too, unlike in Farcry where every fool but you seems to have night and xray vision.
Anyway, this is my forst time playing STALKER and you guys rock for putting this mod together. Too much fun for $5.