This member has provided no bio about themself...
Should I guess on the forum, or pm?
Just out of curiosity, did anyone ever guess the correct time period of history the mod reflects?
My thoughts are as follows: so what if the mod takes a long time - even a few years? First off, you are doing this on your own: no pay and no rewards other than the feedback from the community. No one ever has the right to complain about mods taking to long to release because the mods are made in the modder's private time, using their own resources. My observations on this mod's release time have been that you are obviously working on it, as shown by the frequent updates you give us; the reason that Ascendancy is taking so "long" is that you're dedicated to a quality end result, and are making sure everything is perfect before the release. From what you've shown us, I am quite confident that the end result will be more than worth the wait. So keep up the good work, and ignore the "release now" trolls!
I love the Interregnum lore! The activities of each player constantly balancing each other, and each leader is remaining true to their characteristics in the SW canon too! That is so Isard to play the Vader against the NR in order to save her own skin. I like how Piett gets a chance to be a competent leader here as well.
I was thrilled when I saw this in game. By far my favorite random encounter, and the first thing I look for on random maps now. Great work!
The anticipation builds...
I am doing my happy dance now. And I will continue to do this until the release. OR until I fall asleep, whichever comes first...
*giggles hysterically while clapping hands gleefully*
This is by far my favorite mod, not only because of your genius ideas in the realm of gameplay, but because of the way you incorporate the EU lore into it so seamlessly. Keep up the great work Goa and crew!
Indeed! This is better canon than anything Disney will come up with...
Cue the Imperial March...
I've played 3 matches just sine downloading the mod this morning, and I only have one thing to say: I LOVE THIS MOD! E4X was already one of my favorites to play, but adding SW into it made it so much better! And the lore explaining the arrival of the Sins nations is really well thought out. I must say, the explanation of the Empire's research tree and ship abilities is also incredibly well done. I look forward to the final release with baited breath... though I'm sure it will be some time. I suppose fighting off the Triple Alliance as the Imperials will keep me occupied until then. Well done GOA! Well done!
I hear angel music... (or maybe it's Virgil's theme)
You have just made my week!
*Eagerly hops from foot to foot in excitement*
I love this mod simply for the amount of thought put into the mechanics and for the complexity of the lore you've created. I am SO looking forward to playing a game with ALL the factions in their respective alliances... of course it'll probably minidump within an hour, but it'll be the best hour of Sins ever!
This is by far my most anticipated mod EVER from ANY game! Keep up the great work!
A Moff is a civilian. The Moffs and Grand Moffs are the level of government directly beneath the emperor. By the NJO, the Grand Moffs council is the ruling civilian government, but they technically seem to answer to Grand Admiral Pelleaon.
I think I'm in love...
I know what you're talking about. The rudders. Though the ships thrusters are also mounted on them as well.
Coming along nicely!
Ooooh! I can't wait! I love what I'm seeing from this mod!
All right! Been looking forward to the Nephilim titan! Keep up the great work!
Looking forward to it!
LOVE IT! It brings back memories of ME2... *wipe a tear from my eye
Keep up the good work! If there's one thing I've learned from your other mods, it's that no matter how long the wait, the end result will be more than worth it!
Hoo-hoo! You guys are the best! I can't wait to try out the newest version!
Perhaps for the 6th vessel you could use a new design. One that shows that the Empire is beginning to research their own ironclad technology. It could be a half sail, half ironclad vessel. I'll pm you a pic if I can find an example.
Hardly useless, this mod will let you play with the TP:BaP ships, but on a galactic scale! Plus research, structures and fortifications, and the best part of all, being able to build fleets larger than just a mere ten ships!
Looks great, though you might want to make the tender a capitol ship instead of a structure. You can always just use a small dock-island for a repair structure.
I'm glad I could give you some ideas! And I just realized that I had completely forgotten about the tenders! Though I'm not sure if they would be the best for colony ships, more as a repair vessel. I don't know about the pirates or procs, but for the empire, perhaps the civilian galleon as the colony ship?
I wish I could help out with this mod, but I don't know the least bit about coding or rendering, and don't have the time even if I did; but I would love to be a "sounding board" and help out with ideas!
First off, I want to say I am thrilled to see theis mod! I loved that movie and the BaP game, and really hope to see it finished here! As for my answers, they are (in order):
1) Perhaps just regular pirates for ther raiders, but the playable pirates can have Silver for loyalists and the robot for rebels maybe?
2) The only thing I think of for the research stations would be to make them more active structures that just happen to do research; ex. military labs can be small islands with a small gun battery on them, while civilian stations can act as a less effective trade port and/or refinery.
3) As for special ships, I think you're going to have to be very creative to come up with enough capital ships as it is. I would recommend the starhammer be used for the planetary assault ship, and just make a unique titan for each faction. In order to accommodate the new ship types, you could set the game a few years after BaP. That would also allow you to make ironclads for all 3 factions to fill the gaps. (It makes sense that the empire would begin ironclad research in the wake of the assault; and pirates would have begun stealing every ironclad they could get their hands/claws/tentacles on)
4) For the pirates, you could have the loyalists (Silver) who want their independance, therefore they use a unique vessel never seen before as their titan. The rebels could be pirates who enjoyed the greater income when they were organized by the procs, so they could use a vessel that looks like it was originally built by the procs.
5) By command ships, do you mean the colony capital? If so, I would make the imperial ship a lot like the TEC Akkan (leadership abilities that boost weapon range and efficiency) the procs could be a more damage-based support ship, and the pirates would definitely have to have a capture ability (though all pirate ships should probably have something like that)
Sorry for the long post, but I'm really exited for this mod!
Keep up the great work! This is one of my favorite mods to play!