Community matches will be regularly organized through the Corey Loses youtube channel. These matches will be scheduled in advance and livestreamed while they're happening. In addition to being announced on the forums, Mod Database and YouTube channel, they will also be announced on the Corey Loses & GB Gaming Discord server, which now has a section dedicated to Thrawn's Revenge discussion. To join that server, simply click the icon below.
Apparently the fix for the galaxy travel did not go through (basically, the game didn't like when I set it back to being free). This will be fixed for the next version, sorry for any inconvenience.
It's been a week since the release of Ascendancy 1.1, and in that time we've received some very helpful feedback. We're overall happy with the state and direction of the mod, and the response has been great, but there were a few issues (some major, some minor) we wanted to address before moving on to the next major version, the changes for which we'll be discussing soon. This patch will be the first of most likely two patches for 1.1 to address bugs and any flagrant balance issues. There are two options to install it- one which just has changed files from 1.1, and one which includes a new copy of the whole mod. In about a week, we'll be removing the download for the first to save possible confusion. The description has full installation instructions, as usual.
[Download - Patch Files]
[Download - Full 1.1.1]
1. All mesh and entity files converted to binary format for better performance.
2. Icon Fixes:
- Smuggler icon fixed on build bar (New Republic)
- Raider icon fixed on build bar (PA)
3. Ssi-Ruuvi Random event:
The goal with the Ssi-Ruuvi is to have a minor faction which can occasionally play a significant role in a game, akin to more localized pirates. Unfortunately, since they are entirely buff chain based, they could get out of hand and become a much bigger issue than we aimed. These changes aim to bring them back in the intended direction, and we'll nerf them again even more severely if necessary, depending on how they act with these changes.
- Changed spawn weighting and time between possible spawns.
- Instead of being able to repeatedly spawn ships, Ssi-Ruuvi planets will spawn one slightly larger fleet and then stop.
4. Hero/Superweapon Bug Fixes:
- Galaxy Gun bug limiting it to one shot fixed. Reverted to unlimited firing, will be potentially looking into a new method to lock it to 3 shots depending on balancing feedback.
- Fixed Karrde being able to spawn repeatedly.
- Fixed Scourge Squadron (Kaine) and Dark Fleet (Thrawn) not spawning their intended ships. Keep in mind, you do need available ship slots for them to spawn.
5. General Bug Fixes & Changes:
- Removed LAA mention from loading screens
- Fixed issue where pirate spawns on random maps would cause texture issues on the HUD, offsetting black market buttons
- Capital ships (and therefore, hero SSDs) no longer can be captured by MC80 boarding parties.
- Bellator: Barrier shield now tied to correct level upgrade, was tied to microjump.
- Executor: Overwhelm no longer uses Numerical Superiority text
- Executor: Aura of Fear and Iron Grip icons on level upgrades fixed
- Oto: Removed pinnacle base upgrade.
- Fixed issue where many PA ships and structures referenced Imperial fighter sets - now have Skiprays (ie Golan III, Grant, Kaine, Bellator)
- Crimson Command: Changed name to say Crimson command instead of VSDII, extra weapon banks now show properly on unit card.
7. Text Fixes:
- Intego description listed as Phalanx in text file, missing ingame. Now displays properly.
- Split Proton unlock tech description fixed.
- Asdroni now states it is anti-fighter.
8. Balance Changes:
- Culture resistance tech bonuses adjusted for all factions.
- Crack Mantle damage levels now 4k -> 5k -> 6k -> 7k, from 5.
- Warlord random event: removed Executor.
7. Hapes Consortium:
- Still not a playable faction, yet.
We have finally entered the last stretch of the 1.1 development cycle for Ascendancy and begun the beta process!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (3 agree) 7/10
Coming from Empire at War I knew what kind of high-quality work to expect, but I was also a bit set back by the ultra-minimalistic UI and the lack of heroes. Star Wars without heroes is like coffee without beans. Its just water or yet another run-of-the-mill RTS. I can understand the teams reasoning, but that doesen't mean I have to like it. I find it very hard to enjoy Star Wars without heroes to rally behind, especially in a game that takes the EU lore so very seriously. When I first heard of…
Apr 14 2016 by Kythia