Or Graion Dilach. No more needed to be said, because I used this name everywhere I turned up and nobody ever else used it.
Who knows who I am, knows what shall expect. Who does not, well, google then. :P
The effect of the upgrade is given instantly when you build the Industrial Plant, so nothing to miss.
Yes. There will be 6 factions. I started planning out Oppressors lately... although getting their units will be a slow process.
That looks damned nice.
Machine apocalypse.... niiice!
Do not worry, Jem - this is something I can very well see the benefit of. Let's say it this way. ;P
Turret looks dark and has too much contrast. Pretty certain I seen the Warpshop animation at Starkku before.
They call their apple a chair, dude. Or you mean that because it's not an RTS, they can't be compared?
Both can be modded, both has a "source game" which has a layer of engine, rules, graphics (TTD: exe, grf-nfo, grf-pcx, RA: exe, ini, shp, OpenTTD adds grf-nml next to nfo, OpenRA substitutes ini with yaml).
OpenTTD concentrated to recreate the logics first been in TTD, then went on to add new ones, OpenRA loosely recreated logics then added new ones, meanwhile adjusted balance according to them.
Technically speaking, while they are different genres, they still can be compared, just due to the similarities of their original engine setup, their feature development history and principles and accuracy of their source game.
You're either ignoring the facts or you just don't want to see what I talk about because otherwise I couldn't be classified just into "haters gonna hate".
But hey, you tried.
You're comparing yourselves to OpenTTD. And that IS the ********. OpenTTD CAN 95-99% imitate the TTD gameplay (excluding the AI when they implemented their NoAI framework instead of their TTD AI reimplementation (tho there's SimpleAI) and some pathfinding stuff (fixes in NPF)), every other change in OpenTTD can be disabled. Yes, you can disable drive-through bus stops, etc.... you can play Transport Tycoon Deluxe in OpenTTD.
Heroes 3 VCMI is also a project which aims to recreate Heroes 3... and it also does not try to shovel it's own stuff to the base game.
These are engine recreation projects, not game recreation projects. Back to OTTD terms, OpenGFX and OpenSFX contains no actual changes in gameplay.
My personal hate towards OpenRA comes from the fact that you treat OpenRA as "the RA equivalent of OpenTTD" and that's simply not true. You have changed everything under the hood due to your personal preferences and without an option to revert, it's quite not what OpenTTD did.
When OpenRA introduces it's own equivalent of OpenGFX and OpenSFX, then I probably will stop bitching about it, but until then, I'll keep my opinion. Because until then, you just abuse the availability of the RA graphics to make your own game.
TS Rewire might be a good solution to prevent something like this at TS anyway, with axing "retro" TS completely and simply using the Rewire art to differ the hoods as well.
They never will do that, never even tried. Matthias went on to classic C&C communities, tried to sell OpenRA as better and demanded classic RA fans to support ORA and agree with their changes without any option. When fans told him he's doing bad, he axed classic RA support idea entirely, blaming the community for everything.
I can't wait to see the backlash when they finish the rape of OpenTS.
Now that I see it - it's too much hidden. DTA's position was much more convenient. Or maybe it should have a line separator between maplist and that - not pairing it with maps.
Also, the fact that somehow I bought a glasses which ultimately didn't suit my eyes last year is none of your business, honestly. I'll keep it regardless because I won't pay another fortune to replace it just after a year - it's still better than what I had before which got so many scratches in the long run that it ruined the lenses forever - but iirc I got that in 2006, and 7 years are 7 years.
And in DTA such are... oh, the Classic/Enhanced dropdown list. Now I remember.
Where iz ze dropdown list then? :P
I don't see the "Allow Twisted Dawn units" option.
Tech Airports housing aircrafts are not my style, especially that every side has fixed-wing aircraft. I do plan to increase the worth of Tech Airports, by adding them country-specific basic tank drops as well, where each tank drop will consists of 2 tanks for atm one's cost.
I like this tank artwork much enough to not repurpose the Reinforcements Pad into an 1:1 copy of the one featured in Zero Hour.
Where is the Like button?
In BR1 it's a limitation. No idea if it'll work in BR2.
Nice retex of the oooold variant.
In the latest video. And pretty much in the internal's country selection screen.
I forgot my design documents three years ago and have no time to redesign it from the ground atm. Probably early half of the next year will be about it, because I'll be semi-free after my uni ends.
Except that Iran is an outsider at PPM. He's the CnCNetv5 spawner creator, just sayin'. :P
It only needs a bit unsharp, more contrast and less brightness imo. On the other day m666 showed how he's doing cameos - I learnt a lot in like 10 mins...
I read on the HC forums that you plan to drop most of the WoG features and concentrate to the core. May I request that Commanders would be kept? I don't mind stack experience or henchmen getting dropped (they were mostly bonkers anyway) but the Commander feature was IMO one of the most defining moments of Heroes 3 modding (faithful Heroes 3 implementation of 4's fighter heroes) and it'd be pretty sad to see it gone.
Nice, however this works. DoTA Phantom Lancer much but I dun care.
You never could unlock country-specific stuff by stealing a side's MCV. Considering that most of the advanced units are subfaction-specific... guess why. There is a way to make that happen in a later Ares than 0.4 but there is a bug with it and Speeder also dislikes the way how that feature works.
BR2 will have such Tech Powery gamemode.
No, AI conyard is the same as yours. But instead say, you build two warfactories one after another, an AI builds a warfacto, and a building which acts/looks/functions as a warfacto, but it has a 10% buildtimemultiplier on it, etc. - this is an AI buildingclone I meant.
THe Facebook profile of Red Resurrection's with new WIP images imply otherwise. But nice try regardless.
You didn't installed your YR right (or it's from UC) and the installer cannot detect the installation.
The next step is to normalize Yuri arsenal, now that Allies and Soviets are done. Then Pacted and Confederates come and then finally Oppressors.
This will be a bit slow process due to the fact that I'm finishing my university in this semester, and I had big plans with my diploma thesis.
In the meantime, I'm still looking around for voice actors. Gladly some of my beta testers (led by Tyhednus) also help me develop unit personalities, so it's a lot easier on that part, not to mention that August many of my friends hop in for a role or two and some still keep their interest of persuading other roles.
Overall, yes, there was a lot of progression done in every area in August-September and I'm pretty certain that I'm on the right track with AS - which was certainly not the case when the first streams happened. And this is a nice feeling.
Too light imo, I can see that great details are there, but the brightness ruins it. :(
18) Spy Satellite and Reveal are too much the same, so it was decided that the simple reveal fits more to Allies, so the Crow was introduced.
19) What do you mean limiting?
20) Because the faction's theme is specialized around infantry and this was something which would make the faction more interesting and different. You can still use Basilisks as well.
21) The railgun damages everything on it's path. In Mental Omega, collateral damage is given, so most possibilities of friendly fire will not be changed, according to the principle of "a projectile does not know what should it damage, what not".
22) Saboteur radiation will be removed in BR2. Infiltrators cannot be stealthed by Chimera in BR1 and you can't abuse transports to keep them stealthed in BR2. Don't forget, Infiltrators are the bridge-destructor infantry in MO. AFAIK Spy can't swim.
23) It was considered too imbalanced besides that it too much streamlined the subfaction. Considering the divergence of subfactions in 3.0, this was unnecessary anyway. You can have that feature in 2.0, tho.
24) AI has different distance for placing naval yards than humans due to the AI having problems with overall building placement and this was made to help the AI finding a location to deploy it's navy. There is a low chance when Ai can abuse this bug. You probably should post the list of maps where this happened to Forums.revora.net topic.
25) I don't know how AI building is set up in Mental Omega, but I guess this is right and this was made to balance the AI base progression: because unlike humans, the AI cannot build a defense and a regular base building at the same time. Usually modders clone some buildings with smaller building times for the AI to counter this issue. Likely you seen some of the cloned buildings deployed.
10) Colossus damage relies much upon the target's speed, it delivers more damage vs standing or hovering targets than Gatling.
12) AI sees through the diguise. Nothing can be done with that.
13) It is interceptable, technically, but indeed goodluck intercepting that. Aeroblazes can. That's the missile's counter vs AA. Kep in mind that Russia has no other artillery.
17) Considering that you could set up a free for all in Battle (just set all teams to ---), the separate mode for Free for All deemed unnecessary.