Red Alert: A Path Beyond Update
Hey everyone! Another patch has just been pushed to the launcher and server based on your feedback! This patch contains mostly balance changes, but there are other things in the update as well like an overhauled MCT, a few new sounds, changes to Coastal Influence's Soviet base, and more! But many of you want the long version, so here you go:
- Thieves take 3 seconds to steal money, and Soviets are now notified about the stolen money as well.
- Rocket Soldiers/RPG Troopers cannot be trained without a Barracks.
- Medic Kit healing effect duration down from 6 to 5 seconds.
- MP5-N range down from 70 to 60 (same as pistols/shotguns).
- MP5-N reload time up from 2.1s to 2.35s.
- MP5-N warhead changed from standard Assault Rifle bullets to AK-47 spray bullets (damage to all vehicles/buildings reduced by 15%).
- Flamethrower splash damage up from 27.5 to 30.
- Flamethrower direct damage down from 80 to 70.
- Fire damage multiplier to building walls up from 0.24 to 0.25 (a ~9% decrease after the damage nerf).
- Fire damage multiplier to building weakpoints up from 0.32 to 0.35 (a ~4% decrease after the damage nerf).
- Fire damage multiplier to pads/silos buildings up from 0.24 to 0.3 (a ~9% increase after the damage nerf).
- Fire damage multiplier to defenses down from 0.32 to 0.3 (a ~18% decrease after the damage nerf).
- Shock rifle damage multiplier to building weakpoints up from 0.2 to 0.225 (a 12.5% increase).
- Shock rifle damage multiplier to pads/silos up from 0.15 to 0.175 (a 16.66% increase).
- Allied sniper bots no longer give out 100x the intended points/cash.
- Gunboat/Destroyer turn rate improved.
- Destroyer rockets no longer arc up as this causes them to be unable to fire sometimes for some reason.
- Destroyer/Missile Sub rocket projectile velocity up from 50m/s to 75m/s.
- The side windows of the Power Plant can no longer be broken.
- The appearance of the MCT has been vastly improved, with the texture/model overhauled by Synaesthesia and the animation redone by Generalcamo.
- Rangers, APCs, MBTs, Artillery, and Gunboats now have visible barrel recoil.
- AA guns use the right sound file now.
- New sounds for Destroyer/Missile Sub and V2 rockets.
- Pillbox/Hind use 2 separate sound files (currently identical).
- Higher-quality stereo versions of the following music tracks:
- Crush (Rock Trap)
- Deception (Camos Canyon)
- Face The Enemy (Coastal Influence, Guard Duty)
- Fogger (KOTG)
- Industrial (Pipeline)
- In Trouble (Pipeline)
- Militant Force (Fissure)
- On The Prowl (Forest of Illusion)
- Re-Con (Stormy Valley)
- Run (Camos Canyon, Under)
- Terminate (Under)
- Underlying Thoughts (Under)
- Vector (KOTG)
- RA_CoastalInfluence: Removed a couple of the Allied defenses around the inlet and added a Soviet flame tower by the bridge.
- RA_CoastalInfluence: Soviet base is raised up to the height of the bridge.
- RA_CoastalInfluence: Thickened fog a little as there is no ridge blocking base-to-base sight anymore.
- RA_GuardDuty: Fixed a VIS error in Allied Barracks basement.
- RA_KeepOffTheGrass: Fixed hole in terrain behind the Soviet base.
- RA_Pipeline: Fixed the floating rocks on the "V2 ridge".
- RA_StormyValley: Fixed the out-of-bounds zone.
- RA_StormyValley: Improved lighting level slightly.
- RA_Wasteland: Medium/Heavy Tanks no longer respawn.
Get to the launcher and grab the patch! Be on the lookout for more updates, and we hope to see you on the battlefield!