We are trying out a new weekly Overgrowth alpha format today! David himself took a few minutes to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form. What do you guys think?
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Added soft IK bones (such as ears and loose arms)
- Limited character health
- Characters can't move through each other
- Basic aggressive enemy AI
- Added air leg cannon attack
- Cancellable animations
- Enabled flip ragdoll wipeout
- Acceleration tilt for running
- Starting footprints and skid trails (used for Super Meat Bunny)
- Fixed double-click selection false negatives
- More precise small jumps
- Initial Berkelium layer hooked up
If you'd like to try out Super Meat Bunny mode, you can download the mod here and replace the existing alpha files with them (everything necessary is exposed to the public AngelScript / shader layer).
Is a weekly video a good idea? What do you guys think about this?