Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
New features including slower AI reaction time to changes in target position, AI pays attention to attack pose (if target is planning to attack), AI can try to provoke attacks while intending to counter, AI mixes up counter attacks and counter throws, AI can predict attack patterns; vary your attacks and combinations, AI avoids potential jump attacks, and bug fixes
Posted by jeffr on Oct 15th, 2012
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- AI has slower reaction time to changes in target position
- AI pays attention to attack pose (if target is planning to attack)
- AI can try to provoke attacks while intending to counter
- AI mixes up counter attacks and counter throws
- AI can predict attack patterns; vary your attacks and combinations
- AI avoids potential jump attacks
- Fixed problem with player passive block not triggering
- Fixed occasional crash on script live-update
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.