Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
The first Linux client is available! Check out David's latest video inside.
Posted by jeffr on May 28th, 2012
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Initial native Linux support
- Fixed some animation problems
- Terrain preprocessing uses much less RAM
- Fixed problem with hotspot script loading
- Changed Mac write directory from "Lugaru 2" to "Overgrowth"
- Changed Linux write directory to $XDG_DATA_HOME/Overgrowth/ with fallback to ~/.local/share/Overgrowth/
- Bypassable error message for case-incorrect paths
- Fixed segfault on Linux on fall recovery
- Temporarily disabled character LOD on Linux to fix 'stretching' artifacts
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.