Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
Posted by jeffr on Feb 27th, 2012
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Live update for most config settings
- Live update for window resize (only on Windows for now because of Mac/Linux bugs in SDL)
- Scripts can execute arbitrary code within each other (with Execute("$ARBITRARY_CODE"))
- Testing fighting-game camera for two-player versus mode
- Fixed problem when live updating main menu
- Levels can have manually defined weightmap paths in the level xml
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.