Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
Check out David's latest Overgrowth alpha video, featuring improved weapon throwing, weapon flinching animations, and the ability to sheath weapons.
Posted by jeffr on Jan 30th, 2012
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Added sheathing and unsheathing for knives and small swords
- Changed "pick up" to "q" and "sheathe/unsheathe" to "e"
- More detailed damage model for thrown weapons
- Can dodge knife attacks by tapping a direction
- Added pain flinch animation layer when cut
- Added initial wounded poses when cut
- Fixed enemy knife attack voice problem
- Collapsing from knife wounds is less limp
- Local multiplayer players have auto-camera by default
- Improved bounce from non-sticking weapon impacts
- Fixed bug that allowed throat cutting while unarmed
- You can no longer hurt yourself with your own dropped or thrown weapon
- Improved performance impact of inactive weapons
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.