Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
This week, David focused on adding weapon throwing support. Check inside for David's latest alpha video, which includes a large hammer being dropped on a rabbit.
Posted by jeffr on Jan 16th, 2012
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- added basic knife throw auto-targeting and controls
- added knife throw animation
- getting hit cancels knife attack
- knife attack faces towards target even when running
- fixed bug with mirrored knife slashes
- fixed problem with choke animation when holding a weapon
- added blunt item-character collisions
- added support for multiple detail object layers
- added support for solid detail objects
- added wood/metal material lines for all weapons
- thrower velocity affects throw force
- throwing weapons in air pushes thrower back
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.