Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
This week's alpha video features vicious knife fighting. Click to check it out!
Posted by jeffr on Jan 9th, 2012
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Initial knife slash controls
- Can connect weapons to characters with alt-click to spawn with them
- Can climb ledges while holding light weapons
- Characters don't drop weapons when switching AI/player control
- Fixed alpha version label on main menu
- Joysticks only enable once their input changes
- Jumping through plants causes ragdoll if greater than speed threshold
- Added error message for missing plant texture files
- Fixed problem with writing to log file
- Disabled 'b' animation debug key
- Changed anmcache suffix to eliminate old cache files
- .dmp filenames get version number from version.xml
- Turned off AI communication logging
- Disabled "same origin policy" in Awesomium for mod support
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.