His life in ruins, Max Payne finds himself back in the NYPD. During a routine murder investigation he runs into Mona Sax, a woman he thought dead, a femme fatale murder suspect. She holds the keys to the questions that haunt him. But nothing is simple in the dark and tragic night of New York City. An army of underworld thugs stands between Max and the answers he seeks. His journey deep into his own personal hell continues.
Hy guys! I'm finally proud to release the Enhanced Edition of my Payne Evolution mod! It's been a looong time I know, but real life hit me hard and I had to prioritize things making difficult choices, sadly I was forced to miss several release dates that I had internally planned, but now everything has settled well and I'm finally able to give you the most polished version of my mod, with the best and most requested enhancements, everything while still struggling with the 15 years old Max Payne 2 engine. :D
HERE'S A QUICK OVERVIEW OF THE MAIN ENHANCEMENTS:
- Automatic ammo collection (weapon "teleporting" on first touch is expected and unsolvable)
- Replacing a weapon now drops the old one (all ammo still disappear, but now one single mag stays)
- New weapons sound system (whole different BT specific sounds for both player and enemies)
- Implemented Last Stand also in the two levels where it wasn't working (Upper East Side and Ending Manor)
- Replaced the Chow Yun Fat skin with John Wick skin (thanks AndersenTheMuss!)
- Implemented shootdodge slowmotion canceling (just press the bullettime button again, exactly like in MP3)
- More last stand surviving speech (with proper subtitles obviously)
- Improved Fal/ColtCommando muzzleflash (closer to the MP3 one)
- Replaced Max's jump sound with hopefully better sounds (still from MP3 like the old ones)
- Ported Marty's bar radio musics (Vinnie have it playing in his parking lot where you escort him)
- Now cough sounds plays along with the cough anim (when near a big fire like in Condemned Building B)
- Improved whirl reload effects (BulletTime reload feels more like in MP3 now)
- Fixed cinematics audio shots (Max's apartment intro have MP3 sniper sound, last level intro have hammer cocking sound, etc)
- New piano play sound (enemy now plays a real recorded custom piano version of MP theme played by a fan)
- Improved shootdodge background noise (falling/slowingdown sound effect like in MP3)
- New mpk first person overlay (I still prefer the old one, but a lot of people complained so...)
- Tweaked bullets speed and BulletTime values to improve gameplay (even cooler slomotions action now)
- Countless of fixes to audio, textures, models, subtitles and so on
- Hud hidden when unneeded (now screeen is completely clear in exploration part of levels)
- Replaced original MP2 musics with appropriate MP3 musics
- Added LOD and Framerate Smoothness sliders to video options menu
Trailer of upcoming Max Payne 2 Total Conversion "The Punisher War Zone: Case Box 01".
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Unzip the kungfu10.mp2m file to your Max Payne 2 folder. Start the game (developer mode recommended, see "Main Menu, Level Selector") and select kungfu10...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.