THIS PROJECT IS IN ALPHA STAGE SO NOT FULLY PLAYABLE YET
Since that Google Code stopped its Download service, I will now post the alphas and any subsequent release here. The news post will be also a bit more active than before.
The source code continue to be hosted @ Google Code: Code.google.com
Alpha 7 [0.6.1] is released since September 29/2013 and available on the downloads section.
The Alpha 8/9/10 [0.6.2/0.6.3/0.6.5] is in the making and will be released by the first semester of 2014.
Please bear in mind that this game is a one man hobby project and far to be completed in its core systems yet.
The game is in two phases:
-in the first one, called the Colonization Phase, the player must establish a new colony on a pre-determined planet and has 365 standard days to make the colony viable.
-in the second one, the game is purely sandbox, and the player can develop his/her colony as he/she likes. AI and game/historical events will set many goals and problems to manage.
Parts of the game system that are already implemented:
- a complete planetary system generation which has been developped until its beta stage. This tool isn't used in-game but as an integrated third party tool.
- the colonization phase system (which manage the first part of the game)
- the mission system for the space units, the colonization and interplanetary transit mission
- the Colony Simulation Model which manage each colony's data and events
- an embedded help system (a bit like the civilopedia from the game Civilization IV)
- the Socio-Political Matrix that manage the policies and memes
- an unified interface for macromanagement purposes
- an infrastructure management system including: Conversion/Assembling/Building , a transition phase, the modes of production and the custom effects
- a production system which manage the production matrix, the energy equilibrium of a colony, and the reserves consumption.
- a partial planetary survey: the resource survey is implemented (biosphere and features & artifacts survey will be added in the future)
I wasn't aware that many countries were blocked here since a user reported me this problem today.
So I decided to host the files on Dropbox too.
The alpha 7 is here, for the people that are blocked by xDB/Gamefront.
I'm really fedup to discover time after time all these kind of thing (and I really try hard to stay polite here).
But anyway, by respect to all the followers of this project on IndieDB I will keep this page, to post the news and upload the releases. It's just that I will put the files also on Dropbox as an alternative for the blocked countries.
Here is the status: Alpha 7 [0.6.1]: expected: before the end of September 2013 main to-do-list: * (100% done) the inclusion of the asteroid belts into...
The Epsilon Eridani 5 is finally fixed. The planet is now at its correct orbit distance and have new satellites. The last main phase of the alpha 7 begin...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.