The Alpha 7 is done and officially released.
THIS PROJECT IS IN ALPHA STAGE SO NOT FULLY PLAYABLE YET
Since that Google Code stopped its Download service, I will now post the alphas and any subsequent release here. The news post will be also a bit more active than before.
The source code continue to be hosted @ Google Code: Code.google.com
Alpha 7 [0.6.1] is released since September 29/2013 and available on the downloads section.
The Alpha 8/9/10 [0.6.2/0.6.3/0.6.5] is in the making and will be released by the first semester of 2014.
Please bear in mind that this game is a one man hobby project and far to be completed in its core systems yet.
The game is in two phases:
-in the first one, called the Colonization Phase, the player must establish a new colony on a pre-determined planet and has 365 standard days to make the colony viable.
-in the second one, the game is purely sandbox, and the player can develop his/her colony as he/she likes. AI and game/historical events will set many goals and problems to manage.
Parts of the game system that are already implemented:
- a complete planetary system generation which has been developped until its beta stage. This tool isn't used in-game but as an integrated third party tool.
- the colonization phase system (which manage the first part of the game)
- the mission system for the space units, the colonization and interplanetary transit mission
- the Colony Simulation Model which manage each colony's data and events
- an embedded help system (a bit like the civilopedia from the game Civilization IV)
- the Socio-Political Matrix that manage the policies and memes
- an unified interface for macromanagement purposes
- an infrastructure management system including: Conversion/Assembling/Building , a transition phase, the modes of production and the custom effects
- a production system which manage the production matrix, the energy equilibrium of a colony, and the reserves consumption.
- a partial planetary survey: the resource survey is implemented (biosphere and features & artifacts survey will be added in the future)
I wasn't aware that many countries were blocked here since a user reported me this problem today.
So I decided to host the files on Dropbox too.
The alpha 7 is here, for the people that are blocked by xDB/Gamefront.
I'm really fedup to discover time after time all these kind of thing (and I really try hard to stay polite here).
But anyway, by respect to all the followers of this project on IndieDB I will keep this page, to post the news and upload the releases. It's just that I will put the files also on Dropbox as an alternative for the blocked countries.