- 3 difficulty levels
- Custom game type
- Factory waypoints
- Spawn multiple units
- Scroll and move units using minimap
- Theoretically unlimited AI players (currently 4 available)
- Dynamic music
- 500-1000 total units (depending on CPU)
- 360 shooting and smooth rotation
- Automatic harvesters
- Adjustable window size and fullscreen option (fits all resolutions above 1280x720)
- Fog of war (visibility)
- Four unit AI states
- Smooth scrolling
- Parallax starfield
FREE! (and possibly opensource)
Eternal Orbit is almost finished, the only things left to add are a few menus, victory/defeat conditions and the big one - unit state AI. While the combat AI is done (barring a few tweaks) units are still to receive four task states to choose from - defend base, defend harvesters, patrol and attack.
While it is a simple game and the types of unit to choose from are low, it is designed mostly to be an exercise in unit count and to showcase the possibilities of Multimedia Fusion. That said, it has all the necessities of real-time strategy games and if and when it is released as open-source the framework will be easy to modify to include more unit types, building types, terrain and so on.
More updates and full release coming soon!