You are the once-trusted bodyguard of the Empress. Framed for her murder and driven by revenge, you must become an infamous assassin, known only by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card. As you navigate a world torn apart by plague and oppressed by a government armed with strange new technologies, the truth behind your betrayal is as murky as the waters surrounding the city. The choices you make will determine the fate of the world, but no matter what happens your old life is gone forever.
Changes: Sleep darts now take 10 seconds to work without the upgrade. Abilities (shadow kill, vitality, agility, and blood thirsty) are now considerably more expensive. Guns no longer have any spread damage. Windblast no longer causes any direct damage.
Version 0.03 (should work on KOD + Vanilla):
The goals for this mod are simple: make combat so hard that stealth is required for survival, but also make you much easier to hear and see. This mod is still alpha with lots of tweaking and new features to be added, but I'd like the TTLG communities input to guide its evolution. I want this to stay true to the original game while forcing creativity, instead of simply providing the option by making enemies more dangerous while not modifying their health.
Stealth: Harder, but Required
1. Enemies are more alert and persistant.
2. You make more noise and are easier to see.
3. You can no longer lean like a boss.
4. Sleep darts take 10 seconds to work without upgrades.
Magic & Abilities: Encourage Specialization
1. Abilities (shadow kill, vitality, agility, and blood thirsty) are now considerably more expensive.
2. Windblast no longer causes any direct damage.
Combat: More Risky
1. The world no longer stops for you during combat.
a) Except during assassinations. This causes problems if a target gets involved in a brawl.
2. Enemies wait less time inbetween attacks & blocks.
3. Offscreen damage is now equal to onscreen damage.
4. You can be stunned for longer.
5. Enemies attack in greater numbers.
6. Guns no longer have any spread damage.
1. Bodies pile up
2. No intro movie
3. Removed texture pop-in