Forum Thread
C&C 3 (Forums : PC Gaming : C&C 3) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Wraiyth
Wraiyth That Guy Who Does Those Things With The Stuff
Apr 20 2006 Anchor

Planetcnc.gamespy.com

You have this from me: this is not a joke, this is not a hoax. The cover story of the June issue of PC Gamer is, in fact, a preview of the next Command & Conquer game, simply titled C&C 3.

I expect we will be hearing more from EA on this matter shortly in the form of a press release type thing.

Let me repeat for those of you who skimmed the news instead of reading:

C&C 3 HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

This is not a drill. Pick up the June copy of "PC Gamer" for a cover story preview (or, if you're Dutch, then the May issue of "PC Gameplay" - hitting stores on April 28, also has a cover story preview).

Edited by: Wraiyth

Apr 20 2006 Anchor

ZOMG!!!! But... to bad i only read PCgamer at the library...;)

--

I do Concept Art! Check out my profile for some of my artworks.

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 20 2006 Anchor

Indeed, it's been announced, but they're keeping vague and not saying much.

PowderNose
PowderNose I want your crop
Apr 20 2006 Anchor

What's been seen so far of units, I'll say it's okay for everything but for god awful infantry armor suit and weak looking Mammoth.

Apr 20 2006 Anchor

Moddb.com

Next time, use the Search bar.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

SOCOMplaya
SOCOMplaya Texture Artist/Amateur 3D Modeler
Apr 20 2006 Anchor

EA better not screw this one up.. they just had to buy out westwood studios.

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Apr 20 2006 Anchor

apparently they are going back to their original C&C franchise

THANK GOD. THIS RED alert AND GENERALS SHIT WAS GETTNIG SAD

--

<  insert subject games here  >

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Apr 21 2006 Anchor

but tanya was hot!

although i think kane is the best FMV actor since Kyle Katarn

Edited by: ImTheDarkcyde

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Apr 21 2006 Anchor

no fuck you tex murphy is the best fmv actor right next to lance boyle >:::::::::::::::

Edited by: leilei

--

<  insert subject games here  >

JoeX111
JoeX111 Tilting at windmills
Apr 21 2006 Anchor

Cheapalert wrote: no fuck you tex murphy is the best fmv actor right next to lance boyle >:::::::::::::::

You like Tex Murphy?

Geez, that almost turns me off to the series.

Pr0stSh0cKeR
Pr0stSh0cKeR ffff butts
May 4 2006 Anchor

My only erk was the Mammoth mkII or whatever. looked homo. old mammoth better

however, HODKFSDLKFDGDLK WOMG

--

User Posted Image
JHHAAHA
User Posted Image

ambershee
May 4 2006 Anchor

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the MMkII :confused:

Pr0stSh0cKeR
Pr0stSh0cKeR ffff butts
May 4 2006 Anchor

I dunno, I missed the huge tank.

plus on the 2nd fastest speed notch, the thing looked like it was tarding out.

Actually, back in the day when tiberian sun first came out, i was so disappointed. But when I picked up the game once again last year I thought it was hella awesome. OMGARZDZX KABEL IS EVEL ROBOT SOI SOI SOI SAVE ME, EVA!

--

User Posted Image
JHHAAHA
User Posted Image

ambershee
May 4 2006 Anchor

Damn, you're one wierd cookie.

Pr0stSh0cKeR
Pr0stSh0cKeR ffff butts
May 4 2006 Anchor

);O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not true. :<

--

User Posted Image
JHHAAHA
User Posted Image

May 5 2006 Anchor

It is 2047 and the stakes could not be higher. Tiberium?a self-replicating alien substance that has infected the Earth?is spreading like a radioactive ice age. The GDI, a high-tech alliance of the world's most advanced nations, is fighting to contain Tiberium, but Kane, the megalomaniacal leader of The Brotherhood of NOD has other plans for Earth. Kane's secret society turned superpower is bent on using Tiberium to take control and transform humanity into his twisted vision of the future. All-out war rages over Tiberium and the fate of the planet rests in the balance.

Megagames.com
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

BlackOpsKiller
BlackOpsKiller Excessive hype is now completely tolerated
May 5 2006 Anchor

Those marines reminds me of StarCraft, even their weapons looks the same.

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

ambershee
May 5 2006 Anchor

GDI Heavies (Cyborg equivalent) - that image has been splashed everywhere.

I want to see some decent ingames, not renders :(

Relto
Relto Kharak is burning.
May 5 2006 Anchor

Heh. What? Those screenshots are as real as the Killzone 2 trailer. XD

--

Relto
Relto Kharak is burning.
May 9 2006 Anchor

Pc.ign.com

New IGN interview. Not as good as the BioShock one, but adequet. The screens look just amazing though. Compared to it's first iteration as Generals, it's amazing how the Sage engine can just constantly upgrade and adapt.

--

ambershee
May 9 2006 Anchor

lol, it's not that amazing, it has been four years of solid engine development. Take a look at the difference between Quake and Quake III as a similar example.

Looks like they got the shadows fixed up a bit though - which is great, because previously they were ugly as sin, although they're not that much better.

Relto
Relto Kharak is burning.
May 9 2006 Anchor

Since when does Quake 3 use the same engine as Quake 1?

--

ambershee
May 9 2006 Anchor

Quake III is an iterative step up from Quake II, which in turn is an iterative step up from Quake I. The only exception occurs with Doom III, which as far as I'm aware was built from the ground up during the development of Quake III (or at least Carmacks' graphics part was).

In terms of CnC 3, it's an iterative step up from BfME II (barely), which is a step up from BfME I, which is a step up from Generals ;)

May 9 2006 Anchor

that article make CnC 3 sound like just another RTS. OH yeah. :( Not to tell these guys what to do but CnC was about origionality, not taking something someone else already did a whle ago & doing it again, but adding a new tweak.

Sure, it looks nice but odds are it will be another Generals in the CnC universe. I feel they just lost the franchise after Red alert (except for Renegade, that was sweet!). There's nothing new in it anymore. Heck, even the guy at EA doesn't say there's anything new, it's all "we will do..." or "we might..." Even that AI thing was annoying. They don't plan on making adaptable AI, they plan on letting the player choose who they want to fight (which isn't bad, you can hone your skills that way, but don't call it adaptible if the player choose how it plays & it stays in that mode).

re: ambershee... Q1 to Q3 is probley a bad comparison jsut because there were major hardware changes between Q1 (software mode) & Q3 (fast 3d accel & OGL). Q1 to Q2 would be better. Almost no relatively major changes there (they added, what, TGA textures & colored lighting?) while Q3A supported much more then Q2.

--

Go play some Quake 2: q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
It's like Source v0.9, only... better!
Play Paintball for Doom 3!: d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
Doom 3 Paintball to the Max!

Relto
Relto Kharak is burning.
May 10 2006 Anchor

What, you expect them to give away everything in one EARLY interview? :rolleyes: We don't know anything about how gameplay will be, so trying to guess is pointless.

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.