A new version is going live in a bit! It doesn't feature quite all of what I wanted to have done, but there's been a lot of stuff done to prepare for these additions, so they should be in fairly soon.
What IS in then?
- Mayors house added - can be upgraded!
- Added another 2x2 park and plaza.
- Palm tree avenue added.
- University building changed to community college building. New University building added.
- Aeronautics station added. Currently they only add the public transport area effect. Connection to other regions of the city and blimp functionality will come in the next version.
- Heatwave, blizzard, crimewave and epidemic disasters added. Additional heatwave and blizzard effects to be added later on.
- Heat now affects risk of fire.
- Added a season toggle into the options menu.
- Vacuumtubes now have color settings!
- Public transport area effects of tram (lowered) and monorail (increased) stations tweaked.
- Building resource plop costs increased (generally with the exception of nano structs).
- Increased building credit plop cost for a small selection of buildings.
- Added LOD:s and low quality shadow casters for hotel buildings. More hotel props also added.
- Added LOD:s and low quality shadow casters for less frequently occuring buildings like the coalpress and batteries.
- Texture streaming tweaked.
- Vactrackstation was missing public transport area effect. Fixed now!
- Fixed flower farm, dye and textile factories not enabling in build menu.
- Fixed bug that was stalling research.
- Fixed citizen rep goto home/workplace not working (remnant issue of recent SSAA update).
- Fixed avenues not reverting to regular road when tram was built.
- Fixed fires burning out when saving (then loading) city during a fire.
- Fixed disappearing second density 2x2 first tier industry buildings.
- Fixed bug where setting monorail/tram color would set the wrong material.
Small additions like a palm tree avenue and palm tree prop that is added around hotel buildings have been added, along with the football goal prop to the stadium building.
The aeronautics station is in! Currently it only adds the public transport effect to its surroundings. Getting it to connect to other regions of the city with an aeronautics station so that labour can be shared all over will require work on the core of how things are calculated in game, so I have held off on doing this to not rush it and risk breaking stuff.
Not seen in the image, but added afterwards is a new shader that will allow players to set custom colors to vehicles such as the blimp, vactrain or trams. This aside from being able to set a custom color on tram, monorail and vactrack networks.
The old university building has been "downgraded" to a community college and a new university has been added. Currently, the community college provides as much education as it did previously, but with the addition of a new university as well as new education boosting buildings once ideologies are added there will be a small adjustment made to these values in upcoming versions.
A bunch of bugs have been fixed too. Most notably a bug that caused research to stall.