MechCommander Gold - P.R.O.M.E.T.H.E.U.S v5.0
History Version Changelog
planned release: (December, 24th, 2020)
Hello dear MechCommanders,
i think some of may already know that i'm working out completely new content for MechCommander. Now the first official announcement. I confirm that i am working on a new standalone built for MechCommander Gold. After i have created and developed MechCommander Gold - Darkest Hours - to it's final version 4.2 built i would like to start to work on my own ideas and content for the game. The Darkest Hours version is totally different from what i am actually doing with Prometheus. While i only merged existent content for MechCommander into one XXL standalone - the Prometheus version 5.0 will contain totally new stuff. New maps, a completely new single player campaign that will include approximately ~200 missions total when it's finished. Actually i work on the completion of Operation 1 - containing the first fifty mission block for the new XXL Clan campaign. Although i am inventing plans and ideas for the second campaign slot, that finally may be implemented into Prometheus.
In addition some voice actors and me are working on new voices for MechWarrior pilots. Parts of this project will even take place in the existing MCG Darkest Hours standalone version. The new voice packages for custom made warriors will be introduced via optional update and the fullversion download will be upgraded with new voices until the project is finished.
The first demo built release will probably take place for download X-Mas 2020. This depends how far my modding work will continue until then. Actually i plan to release a full Operation 1 containing 50 brandnew single player campaign missions for MechCommander 1. This Demo Version will then be continiously updatet until it will reach it's final standalone status.
Would you like to know more? Read the current MC1/MCG by RizZ newsletter!
MCG Prometheus: Operation 1, Mission 14 - basic map design
MCG DH planned v4.x final voice update-release:
- Voice package update for final 4.0 version & above
MCG DHP - v5.0 development - PROMETHEUS built:
- Original Clan Campaign:
Operation 1 containing 50 missions - Mission maps leak 2020!
Operation 2 containing 25 missions
Operation 3 containing 50 missions
Operation 4 containing 25 missions
Operation 5 containing 50 missions
- Expansion Campaign:
several apects and ideas for another optional solo campaign into the final built
no further development ongoing at the moment, just ideas & options
- new MechWarriors & existing MechWarriors in a new shape
- new MechWarrior voice packages for MC Game sound: Voice acting project
- new ArtWork
- new ingame movies & videos for campaign Ops
- new alternate storyplot from the beginning of the invasion (clanside)
- brandnew map scenarios
- new purchase & logistic system - integrated mixed tech from scratch
- more than 45 (original limit) enemy units on a single map (100-200 is the new maximum)
- ideas and improvements for a new ACE rank (Green, Regular, Veteran, Elite & Ace then)
- creating mission content via MC Editor, Extender & ABL scripting
This is all i can say so far about the new standalone version. I hope you enjoy that insight. This article will be updatet from time to time in order to keep you informed about the total development process of my new masterpiece, hehe.
Mission pool for the new
Clan campaign missions: Original map environment || weight || units || Clan mission ID || additional info ======================================================================================== <strong>TheRepulse 1 by RizZ 25t 2m *Clan0101 Yankee 0101 by RizZ 50t 4m *Clan0102 Island by RustyDios 5t 3m *Clan0103 MW Campaign Op1Mis1 55t 4m *Clan0104 TheRepulse 2 by RizZ 90t 3m *Clan0105 Island by RizZ 185t 6m *Clan0106 SnafuV2 by RizZ 150t 4m *Clan0107 TheRepulse 3 by RizZ 90t 3m *Clan0108 TheRepulse 4 by RizZ 120t 4m *Clan0109 TheRepulse 5 by RizZ 150t 4m *Clan0110 Deserter 85t 4m *Clan0111 MtSteal - Lost Treas. 110t 2m *Clan0112 The_first_offense_01 250t 4m *Clan0113 The_first_offense_01p2 250t 4m *Clan0114 by RizZ TheRepulse 6 by RizZ 240t 4m *Clan0115 TheRepulse 7 by RizZ 220t 4m *Clan0116 - Very hard TheRepulse 8 by RizZ 290t 4m *Clan0117 - Very hard Yankee 0103b 210t 4m *Clan0118 Yankee 0104a 330t 4m *Clan0119 Yankee 0105 200t 4m *Clan0120 Yankee 0106 130t 4m *Clan0121 Yankee 0201 120t 4m *Clan0122 Yankee 0202 120t 4m *Clan0123 Yankee 0203 250t 4m *Clan0124 The_first_offense_02 400t 8m *Clan0125 The_first_offense_03 400t 8m *Clan0126 The_first_offense_04 500t 8m *Clan0127 The_first_offense_05 500t 12m *Clan0128 The_first_offense_06 335t 8m *Clan0129 The_first_offense_07 500t 8m *Clan0130 - very hard The_first_offense_08 880t 8m *Clan0131 - hard The_first_offense_09 850t 8m *Clan0132 - very hard</strong> Behind the lines 35t 1m *Clan0133 - Scout mission needs map overhauling All maps above got overhauled MC Editor, Extender/Extractor & ABL manual scripting the mission fit files. All maps below are part of the mission map scenario pool for the new Clan campaign project. Currently only missions for Op1-Op3 are included in the lists below. Op4 & Op5 mission pools will be added later. =================================================== MISSION MAP POOL =================================================== Beginner missions (Op1): 5-250t BarmCost 70t 1m Hardcore Mission for later ops (+4 MechWarriors) BayRaid2 230t 8m Cerm1 190t 4m CermDemo 190t 4m Citadel 220t 4m Comm Interrupt 220t 4m CommanV2 105t 4m Convoy 100t 4m Testmission (must be further developed) Cityscape nightmare 45t 4m Hardcore Mission for later ops - bugged - all units & waypaths need to be rechecked / replaced Deep Recon 150t 4m Operation Dial Tone 95t 4m ELH Scout 170t 4m 'Turkina mission Graduat3 200t 2m 2m Vehicle only - Three HQ mission Hydro Electric 200t 4m JJBreak 130t 4m Kapela3 - pipelines 225t 12m Lone Wolf 70t 4m Medium mechs mid op Nova Strike 220t 4m Op-Excal - Prison Break 65t 1m Big base complex, needs technical overhauling mid op / or end PA 0102 alternate 160t 12m PA 0101 alternate 170t 12m PA S Roedan II 285t 8m Politics 250t 8m XXX12XXX 150t 3m Reinforcements 70t 4m Hardcore mission for later ops Op Salamander 1 180t 4m SpyHunt 100t 4m Map is basically OP (needs 100% recreation) Strike on Ueda 250t 4m Surgical Strike 110t 4m The Damned 65t 2m Jump mission / Mad Cat W The Wall 205t 8m TrialV2 of position 75t 4m Map is basically OP (needs 100% recreation) 2nd_Refusal_War_07 230t 5m 2nd Refusal war 09 500t 8m Needlehole mission with heavy enemy mechs (66 missions) Intermediate - medium (Op2-3): (250-600t) Alamo - Ally Defense 360t 12m Avenger A 600t 12m Back-to-the-front 370t 12m C_S_Foolsgoal 365t 8m Camp Breach Alert 385t 6m Canyon Crash 315t 8m Castle 445t 12m Checkpoint 41 330t 8m Clan Jam 400t 8m Cluster 450t 8m Counterstrike 300t 12m Cutting Teeth 550t 12m Death Spiral 500t 12m Domino Z 390t 6m Engage - Op Ironfist 420t 8m Escape 570t 8m Explorer 385t 4m Farm - Family Battle 340t 8m Fi_or_Fl 400t 8m Gettysburg 475t 8m Gratos2 Invasion 300t 8m Helm - Price of glory 500t 8m Hells Highway 390t 12m Hit n Run 350t 8m Industrial Strike 600t 12m Ironfist 550t 8m Isleroad 450t 12m KaiFeng 535t 12m Keifeng 535t 12m LLDefense 275t 6m Maginot Line 600t 12m Maze Madness 540t 8m MC2Demo V1 370t 8m
Update entry: 12/24/2020 X-Mas free giveaway:
Hello dear MechCommanders,
finally i managed to release a betaTest built for my new Clan Edition Standalone, Prometheus. Here the things that got into the final release:
- integrated Visual & Weapon Range rebalance mod for more Wide-Screen compatibility & realism
- 33 brandnew 'Clan Wolf campaign missions to play (Prometheus Clan campaign)
- Operation 1 status: 33 of 50 missions complete and ready for use
- 15% of the total game content is already usable
- from mision 34 on you will be "thrown" into the Darkest Hours campaign until updates will finally replace ALL Darkest Hours content in order to make this built a new record breaking 200 mission total campaign with five full working operations
- the whole Expansion Merge from MCG Darkest Hours as additional goodie (optional 2nd campaign mode) with 42 additional missions
- 358 solo missions for skirmish solomission game mode (original had three missions)
- 64 multiplayer scenarios (original had about 20)
- full operationable new Clan Wolf Menu Design
- two bonus songs for the Main Menu & Logistics
- full mixed tech purchase for the Prometheus campaign
- see the official P.R.O.M.E.T.H.E.U.S. version changelog
- plus some hidden gems and goodies (new RizZen voice package for example)
Sadly to say, this is just 15% of the content this fullversion will finally have - when it's done. Things that will follow with the next updates are...
- more new artwork and design elements
- new menus
- another expansion campaign for clanners
- new "unique!" voice packages for all new MechWarriors
- new MechWarrirors
- new Units to control
- AeroSpotter Upgrade
- new music & sounds
- cinematic Intro and Operation movies for the new storyline
- the whole new storyline
- detailed briefings for any new mission
- 167 additional missions implemented into the Prometheus campaign
- full savegame compatibility with updatet versions in the later days (you can go on from where you stopped to play it - maximum state you can reach is mission 33 of 200
- much more content for the game
- bugfixing & full technical support for free
Update entry: 01/02/2020 Happy New Year giveaway:
After the pre-release of the new MechCommander Gold - Version: Prometheus... - i've got some complaints about missing briefings in the Alpha-Built. I realized that i underestimated the power of written words for this tactical gem, so after one more week of constant work and about +100 workload i released a (not planned) new year Full Version Update for the game.
MCG Prometheus v0.1 users just have to download this little patch in order to upgrade their builts to the latest state. Here the changelog - showing what's new on this wonderful Clan Wolf Campaign Edition Standalone:
- This Patch contains Mission updates: Operation 1, Mission 6 - the second objective was bugged with a misplaced unit reference - patch solves this issue and makes mobile HQ mission objective like intended - mission is fixed! (26/12/2020)
- New mission briefings: Operation 1 Missions 1-6 (27/12/2020)
- New mission briefings: Op1 Mis 7-10 (28/12/2020)
- New mission briefings: Op1 Mis 11-18 (30/12/2020)
- New mission briefings: Op1 Mis 18-23 (31/21/2020)
- Operation 1, Mission 7: bugfix for the fifth (secondary) objective (28/12/2020)
- Operation 1, Mission 14: reinforcements bugfix, should add now when in sensor control & during mission: 1. Minelayer, 2. RefitTruck (30/12/2020)
- Operation 1, Mission 16: Rebalanced, +85t dropweight to make it easier (reports told me the mission was way too difficult, should work out this way (30/12/2020)
- Operation 1, Mission 17: Due to many crash reports i deactivated footprints, waypoint system and parts of the new ingame physics - this mission works like original MC1 now, recommended to play with lower or native resolutions in fullscreen, other res may crash (limit breaking bud damn nice mission) - (30/12/2020)
- Operation 1, Mission 22: rebalanced payment due to campaign length (31/21/2020)
- Operation 1, Mission 23: rebalanced payment due to campaign length (31/21/2020)
- Operation 1, Mission 24: - Briefing complete
- Operation 1, Mission 24: Rebalanced payment due to campaign length
- Operation 1, Mission 25: - Briefing complete
- Operation 1, Mission 25: Rebalanced payment due to campaign length
- Operation 1, Mission 26: - Briefing complete
- Operation 1, Mission 26: Rebalanced payment due to campaign length
- Operation 1, Mission 27: - Briefing complete
- Operation 1, Mission 28: - Briefing complete
- Operation 1, Mission 29: - Briefing complete
- Operation 1, Mission 30: - Briefing complete
- Operation 1, Mission 31: - Briefing complete
- Operation 1, Mission 32: - Briefing complete
- Operation 1, Mission 33: - Briefing complete
- Operation 1, Mission 27: Rebalanced payment due to campaign length
- Operation 1, Mission 28: Rebalanced payment due to campaign length
- Operation 1, Mission 29: Rebalanced payment due to campaign length
- Operation 1, Mission 30: Rebalanced payment due to campaign length
- Operation 1, Mission 31: Rebalanced payment due to campaign length
- Operation 1, Mission 32: Rebalanced payment due to campaign length
- Operation 1, Mission 33: Rebalanced payment due to campaign length
- Operation 1, Mission 33: Solved interrupting crash by leaving some abl files uncompressed, seems as if it is the same logic error anytime this occurs - mission works 100% in extracted form - but fails as fst version only - this is on my debuglist for the eastern update - in the mean time extracted files to prevent MC engine from looping into infinite should work
- Introduction briefing for Clan Campaign
- Introduction briefing for Mission 34, end of Clan Campaign Beta Content - you have the benefit continuing your campaign by being thrown into the Darkest Hours XXl Campaign merge until new missions +34 will be released!
- Introduction briefing for Mission 1, Expansion Merge (Darkest Hours content)
- New background design
- Could reduce the music files size by 66% each - thx to nemos idea - quality is a bit lower but quite okay for a 16bit soundcard using DirectPlay App
- ... wait for more with the next patch update on Eastern 2021!
RizZ's Note: All updates will be released here. The latest update will always contain ALL previous updates and it will always be a zipped folder in the same structure the MCG Prometheus game folder has. Just overwrite the older versions of new file content with the files from this download. Really easy to install!
MCG Prometheus v0.1beta users just need to download this package in order to update their versions to the latest version. Full Version Download is only for people who might not own Prometheus yet.
MCG Prometheus NEWS - 01/02/2020
After continiously working on MCG Prometheus, in my spare time 2020, i uploaded the first Full Version release X-Mas 2020. Today, second day in 2021 i'm proud to announce the implementation of 36 new mission briefings for the ingame menus.
As a bonus, those briefings contain tool tipps for MechCommanders, you can say the game teaches you now how to play right:
Two golden Mad Cats in action!
Most important MechCommander articles you should've read!
Have fun, that's an order!
(c) by RizZen 2020