Wrath of the Norsemen is a modification of Medieval 2 Total War, set in the viking age. The aim is to create a mod that is both historical and enjoyable for anyone who has an interest in the early medieval era of history, or is just a little bit too fond of blood and big axes.
WotN covers the period AD 785 - 1050.
Danmaurk (Danish Vikings)
Gautlandi (Gautland Vikings)
Vestfold (Norwegian Vikings)
Sweþiuð (Swedish Vikings)
Hálogaland (Norwegian Vikings)
Kursi (Curonian Balts)
Häme (Tavastian Finns)
Garðariki (Novgorod Rus')
EDITED as of 2018-02-12:
- Added new updated ancillaries and traits by Juzy90 to the official 3.2 version of the mod.
User Aphain over at TWC made a submod based on the work by the old WotN team and me:
Regnum Francorum 1.6.5 (for WotN: The Baltic Release 3.2)
- completely overhauled building tree (for all factions)
- new buildings
- special buildings in your capital (only settlement which can construct stone walls)
- removed unused factions
- cleaned up most files
- important characters will spawn
- new events
- new ancillaries
- new traits
- new ships
- new/updated texts
- redone family tree
- new settlement and region names for Frisian and Saxon Regions
- new character names
- fixed some bugs and a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes
- correction of all spelling/grammar mistakes
- more cleaning up of the mod files
- more events
- reform into East-Francia after 843
- more unique traits, ancillaries and buildings
- region based recruiting system
- more historical characters
- new units?
- the "1648: Thirty Years of War" mod team for some building pictures
- Mr_Nygren for pointing out the "custom settlements not used" bug to me
This is an alternative submod adding the stuff above on-top of the latest WotN release uploaded by me two days ago. It's not to be seen as an official version of Wrath of the Norsemen: The Baltic - but rather as an alternative.
- Compared to the official version it has an easier approach to economy and it's way easier to play for the ordinary player. The official version is very hardcore, and as for the Franks they are probably not playable due to them getting bankrupt - in this version most focus have been on this faction. And they are really fun to play as.
- Absinthia, one of the original creators of the mod - explained the Franks were not supposed to be played originally. That's why they are impossible to play as in the official without cheating or editning the economy.
As for the Norse i have played as Svitjod in that version and it worked fine - but it was a rollercoaster where i had to attack all the time to prevent the economy from getting a minus. Bankruptcy is a real threat in WotN: The Baltic - in this Sub-Mod it's more like in other mods.
- Other changes are the fact this submod has somewhat larger stacks of units, which i am not particularly fond of - as the old units had been balanced according to a set formula. Increasing the unit sizes may be bad for balance but they are somewhat larger here.
- Then the formations haven't been added to this version of the mod. It should be very stable and easy to play for the casual player. If you want a very hard mod play the original - this is for people who want to enjoy Total War without struggling too much with the economical bit.
I will thank Aphain for providing me with the files for his update.
PS: This is standalone, so there are the original and the submod available in this article - you do not need both to play either one - they are both standalone alternatives of the same mod."
1. - Sami Shamans have gotten the old portrait back, that were never in use due to it's name being wrong in the folder.
2. - Saxon portraits updated - to the new ones that i created from TLK:WotN.
3. - Fixed all the custom settlements that were not spawning, as i failed to realize that all the entries were missing in the descr_strat - this probably was due to me uploading a version with the wrong files.
Sami/Finnish and Franc settlements didn't spawn due to a mistake:
4. - I have also fixed the Frank Infantry unit - so it will attack now and won't just stand there.
5. - I have fixed the Erzemon Archers (Saxon Mercs) - by replacing the mesh with the mesh in use by TLK:WotN.
6. - I've replaced the Lokinyki Mercenaries mesh (the same in use by the Huscarls) with the Thengs of TLK:WotN.
7. - Burwaran-unit fixed - by replacing the animations in the BMDB-file, correcting the issue with the unit not holding it's spears.
8. - Also added correct rebels to all the regions, so now you will fight Sami, Finnish, Slav, Baltic, Frisian, Saxon, Rus and Norse rebels in their own homeregions - not just Norse everywhere like before.
9. - Diplomacy has been overhauled, factions start at war with most of the ones they should be at war with - this is done to stop the AI from being peaceful or a coward. It worked well i think.
10. - Formations added to Vikings, Saxons and Franks - just like in TLK:WotN.
11. - Outdated upgrade of the Skjoldborgsmen removed.
All in all the rebels took the most time, and i have tested it enough to know that it's stable (172 turns) and i did also check the settlements.
- Mr_Nygren (for most of the work done since 2016 in the official version, such as the fixing of bugs and issues, implementation of custom settlements & the music mod etc.
- Juzy90 (new ancillaries and traits).
- The old WotN team including Absinthia, Ulfhednin, Horsa and Leif Eriksson - for the base mod, units and scripts etc! Basically all the groundwork and the whole 1.5 beta version.
- Danova et al. from "Last Kingdom" - for the Frankish captain and general strat models.
- Rhaymo and DBM - for the creation of the custom settlements in use by all factions
- The "East of Rome" mod, Deutschland et al. - for the new slavic textures applied to the custom settlements by Rhaymo
- Darius et al. from "East f Rome: The Danube Limes" for assets from "The Danube Limes"
Video where i show of the changes in the campaign etc in more detail:
A new version of WotN: The Baltic - now with every issue fixed, with the music-mod re-added but heavily cut and edited compared to last year - and finally...
Updated july the 23, i suggest everyone to download this version when you read this - it adds the custom settlements to the mod, as i figured now that...
New vanilla Beta 2.0 Release (includes all changes to vanilla WotN since last time minus the music, uses vanilla music still!).
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Fixed 2018-02/12 - Added new updated ancillaries and traits by Juzy90 - Fixed all the custom settlements, added correct rebels to all the regions. Wrath...
New updated VANILLA version of WotN!This version adds a hotseat mode- added in by me, new traits and ancillaries by user Juzy90 on TWforums, bug-fixes...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.