Welcome to the most fun and qualitative standalone mod that just plays completely different than what you are used to with the "Ancient Wars: Sparta" series. With the gameplay changes in this mod, you finally get the most exciting and fun RTS, which puts all of its competitors into the shade.
You can see how successful our mod is, due to other moders using our files to make their own mod.
GAME/MOD is still in alpha state, so expect imbalances, missing features and bugs. You would help us by testing the mod for faster progress on development. Feel free to join our:
Once we found out how interesting the Age of Alexander mechanics were, we improved them and the most fun RTS gameplay was born. It is just so rewarding, having all those huge armies running around and to get a lot of heavy battles going on right after you started a new match. That is why our mod is standing out in comparison to all similiar mods: The gameplay! In future updates there will be all factions from the other games in WorldForge: Legends. Also, having the files of all those games we intend to implement new factions that were not in the games before. We will start to balance out all factions, once the beta is reached. All factions will have their own specializations. We also gonna change gameplay in some ways to make the game a lot more fun. New things will come in frequently as long as there is material to implement as well.
Don't just be a Spartan, be a WorldForger!
("Internal Five" does not mean that there are 5 guys behind this Modification)
is the guy behind all the programming, scripting, editing, thinking and implementing new mechanics in this modification. shArawOw is an incredibly skilled guy, without him that mod would never be happening! So, always think of him when playing this "mod".
is the guy for new textures, new names, texts, descriptions, thinking and helping to implement new features that can be added to the game. As a great example you can look at the roman faction.
has developed his own modification called "Great Eastern Campaign" and helps to complete WFL by testing multiplayer and doing some retexturing.
shArawOw started modding Ancient Wars: Sparta with a MOBA Mod. Robcore just found it one day here on moddb.com and was happy to see this game is that modable, yet it was not what he was looking for. So, VARIANVS decided to chat with shArawOw, in hope that he would just edit the starting resources and overall resources that can be gathered. They chat for many hours, after that they talked for some hours and in the end, it was settled...
The result was:
PS: The MOBA option might come back in WFL!
did a great job with this game(s), yet the original games were not that fun in the long run. Nobody knows if the publisher(s) pushed them to release the games faster or not. Yet it might have been the case and that is why those games never made it to a larger audience. Because of this, the games did not sell properly and the Developers are no more. They were called World Forge and made the first 4 games mentioned at the beginning. They also did a great job on all the Maps! The Map Makers put so much detail in them. Making such a map really takes some time.
We wanted to say thank you at this point for what the employees that worked on all those games used in this modification created!
This Mod is based on the "Ancient Wars: Sparta" series and combines the following 5 games into ONE.
YES folks, your read it correctly!
5 GAMES INTO ONE SINGLE GAME!
The games implemented are:
Now, what are you waiting for? Just download the game and get ready to play! We love love to hear your feedback.
As the update 1.1.4K is soon to be released, we decided to post a quick changelog so that players are informed on what they can expect.
CHANGELOG IS NOT FINAL UNTILL VERSION RELEASE!!!
- Big rework on how the skirmish will play and progress the map (Mines will be slowly romeved from the maps, while more flags will be added which will give passive resources)
- "Trail of kings" recieved a rework to be fully playable with the new gamemode
- ToK recieved more neutral creeps
- Changed the passive healing, effect that "Flags" give. (It no longer kills our eyes, now it's a ground aura effect)
- Added "Free Lands" to the map pool (The map has been setup with the new gamemode)
- Added the new gamemode to "Cemetery of Elephants" and "Land od the Oasis"
- Added five new maps and optimized them to the new gamemode
- Fixed incorrect string of the "Yatagan" for bonus damage against medium infantry. Increased the spell crit chance of the yatagan from 10%/20%/30% -> 30%/45%/50% (Trying to make the yatagan a viable weapon)
- Changed Mongols starting bow spell chance on hit 10%/20%/30% -> 30%/45%/60% as well as the spells damage from 200% to 100% onto 3 targets
- Buffed Russian "Flail" (Increased the passive spell chance as well as decreased the price to research it in the tech tree)
- Increased the price for the Persian small bow (from 150 to 200 ore), Decreased the damage (from 10-15 to 8-13)
- Changed block chance for mongolian infantry shields:
(Tear shaped shield) Melee: 14% -> 7%, Ranged: 45% -> 40%
(Mongol Iron Shield) Melee: 24% -> 10%, Ranged: 70% -> 55%
(Bamboo Shield) Melee: 33% -> 25%, Ranged: 85% -> 80%
- Increased Damage and block chance for all russian weapons and shields (We want to keep russians as a low HP/ High DPS/ High Armor faction. So far it has a bad early game, solid mid game, and a terrible late game. With these changes we hope that the russians will be more viable)
(Russian Axe) Damage: 91-111 -> 181-201
(Clevec) Damage: 55-65 -> 75-85, Bonus Damage increased for heavies 35% -> 50%, Attack Speed: 1.3s -> 1.0s, Increased the double hit ability chance from 10%/20%/30% -> 30%/45%/60%; NOTE: The second hit of "double-hit" decreases 5% of MAX HP and removes 50% armor for 5 seconds... turns out it has quite a nice range, and 100% makes it a lil too good.
(Flail) Increased attack speed: 1.9s -> 1.0s; NOTE: This is attack speed cooldown; Fixed the "Armor Break" spell that would one-shot enemies when triggered, now it deals 10% true damage as intended
(Tear-Shaped Shield) Armor: 1 -> 3, Melee Block Chance: 16% -> 20%, Ranged: 50% -> 60%
(Round Shield) Armor: 2 -> 6 Melee: 20% -> 40%
(Big Shield) Armor: 3 -> 9, Melee: 40% -> 60%
- Added a 50% chance to stun enemeies on hit when reaching level 1/2/3 for macedonian and sparta club
- Increased damage for some persian weapons
(Flail) Increased bonus damage to light infantry: 50% -> 75%
(Battle Axe) Increased bonus damage to medium infantry: 15% -> 40%
(Glefa) Increased bonus damage to light infantry: 85% -> 100%, medium infantry: 45% -> 65%
- Changed the spell for bulgars pike (from lifesteal to weapon knock out).
Weapon Knock Out Chance: 0.001%/0.007%/0.013%
- Almost all of the units from every faction will be shifted towards a higher lvl cap (Instead of max lvl being 3 no its 6)
- Almost every single unit will have a transition from lower tier to higher on lvl up (lvl 3 psiloi to spartaid, etc)
- Added the correct unit template for miners in the golden horde factions (no more macedonian slaves)
- Increased the caravan miner speed for the romans (they had the slowest miners in the whole mod)
- Changed the 2nd crusader spell that was glitch. New spell called "Aggressive Engagement"
Increases damage and movementspeed by 10%
Increases damage received from all/any enemies by 20%
Increases attack speed by 10% NOTE: It may show as -10% on the screen but that's attack speed cooldown
Decreases block chance against melee and ranged by 20%
- Changed Russian "Armor Stealing" spell. It no longer stacks like crazy. Every 2nd hit decreases the amount of stolen armor
- Decreased the Damage received from ranged attacks while on horse back for the mongolian faction (From 50% to 30%)
- Removed "Fight Ability" from Russian Priest and Macedonian Magian, as they would be the first to dive and die (Now they stay in the background and support)
- Added horses to some of the heroes as well as increased their prices to 2000 gold
(Herman von Salsa/ Crusaders, All Mongolian Heroes, All Russian Heroes)
- Added bonus damage to all infantry type for every hero
- Max EXP for Level up has been decreased for all heroes (We plan to make heroes more useful in battles, with this change they will level up faster as it takes less EXP to hit next level. Melee: 800 -> 400, Ranged: 800 -> 300)
- Increased max EXP for Roman Signifiers from 200 -> 800 (Now signifiers can unlock all the spells via levels, as well as through the tech tree)
- Increased the price for "Hoplite Training" in the Spartan faction from 2500 gold to 3000 gold
- LVL2 Barrack researches give flags permanently to the player (Only for The Golden Horde factions: Crusaders, Russians, Mongols)
- Persian "Sharpshooting" upgrade now requires "Ritual Hall" to be researched
- Increased the price and time it takes to research the spartan longsword
(time: 50 -> 60, cost: 1500 gold -> 2200 gold)
- Bamboo Gun's attack speed nerfed (from 7s to 10s), while the stone velocity has been increased from 18 to 25
GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE OF THE NEW UPDATE
Hello everyone! We would like to invite u all for a couple of multiplayer games. We are hosting games on Saturday around 4 PM CET. Whoever wishes to join...
Special thanks to kemsyt for making these videos with us. It was a lot of fun.
Check out how to set up everything to be able to play multiplayer with any other players.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
The latest version of WFL. Slight balance changes and quality of life improvements. To install this patch just remove the old WFL folder and extract the...
The first full version update after our return. We have disabled "TGH" factions, cause porting the game to the new engine was a big challenge where we...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.