"These are the darkest days of the Nazi occupation of Stalingrad." - Viktor Reznov, 1942. This mod was created for a better authentic experience in playing the Vendetta mission. Please read the instruction carefully to install the mod.
For all the newcomers, the main purpose of this FoB series (including 4 related mods) is to increase historical accuracies from at least 40 ~ (less than) 50% in the Vanilla/Original version into somewhere between 60 ~ 70%. Also to give new experiences and even more challenging combat scenarios for COD WaW players in general as well.
Now for the details, we decide to update all of the mods with quite a lot of new things:
Fall of Berlin 3.6 version:
- Officially included COD3 models as a main part of this mod, also bring some new COD3 German models into the game as Waffen SS (mostly).
Note: You can check the original COD3+WaW mod (Call of Duty 3 German Military mod, made by venomgj) from here: Gamebanana.com
- Aiming accuracy of teammate AIs will be increased even more.
- Kriegsmarine 'Naval' infantry will appear in the last section of 'Heart of the Reich' and the entire 'Downfall' only.
- One of the new COD3 models will be used as Luftwaffe infantrymen.
- Some weapon randomization among German/Axis troops will be modified.
- New models and rearrangement on some German/Axis headgears.
- **Some new extra iwd/minor mod files, please read our instructions carefully if you want to use them.'
- *The latest upodated Pacific Theater 1.8 will be included.
- New modifications on certain weapons:
1) **Fix certain weapon sounds in the Eviction mission and we also bring these weapons into the mission: STG44, Gew43, SVT-40, and DP-27.
2) **Fix Kar98k variants sounds in the Downfall mission and we also bring it into the mission as well.
3) Fix DP27 sounds in some missions.
4) Fix 30 cal and M1 Carbine for every Pacific missions.
5) Increase DMG output for every Semi-Automatic rifles (they were hideously nerfed down in the vanilla version) and all the Sniper rifles.
6) Increase rate of fire on DP-27. And fix its missing sounds in 'Their Land THeir Blood' and 'Ring of Steel' missions.
7) New scope overlay for the Scoped Mosin Nagant, change from the vanilla ver into a proper "German #1" (Soviet use the same scope overlay as German side).
Download FoB3.6 here: Fall of Berlin 3.6 file - Mod DB
Vendetta: Darkest Days 2.4 regular version:
- Similar with above, but add some new COD3 models as alteranated skins for Heer/Wehrmacht troops instead.
- 71st Infantry Division insignia on German Sd.Kfz. 251 Half Tracks (replace the old 24th Panzer Division insignia, it will only appear on the Pz. IVs).
- A minor change for one of the Soviet models, remove buttons to make it looks like a proper M35 uniform.
- Add sounds for SVT-40 in Vendetta and bring it into the mission as well.
- As from above, apart from some Soviet soldiers (Daletski's unit), few German soldiers will be equipped with the captured SVT-40 as well.
- No more Luftwaffe Anti-aircraft units (previos verions). But it can be included later as a second version if more than '10 persons' want us to bring them back.
Download Ven2.4 here: Vendetta 2.4 file - Vendetta: Darkest Days mod for Call of Duty: World at War - Mod DB
Ring of Steel 1.5 regular version:
- Similar with Vendetta: Darkest Days, but also rearrange German troops for the new headgears and such.
- Fix the missing reloading sounds for DP-27 in the 'Ring of Steel' mission.
Download RoS1.5 here: Ring of Steel 1.5 file - Mod DB
Pacific Theater 1.8 StA (stand-alone):
- Higher accuracy on teammate AIs.
- Fix sounds problem for 30 cal and M1 carbine on every missions.
Download Pacf1.8 StA here: Pacific Theater 1.8 Stand-Alone file - Mod DB
*****Now for newcomers, please read our 'instructions' in the readme files carefully before you install both of the mods. Also for those who have a multiplayer profile, please make sure you've already BACKED UP your own 'player profile' in case it causes any unpleasant thing to your PC. And most importantly, this mod was meant to be played on PC only!*****
****If you encounter some technical issues that causing textures error or game freezing and crashing, do this:
1. Go to OPTIONS
1.1) See GRAPHICS section -> Set Specular Map to "No".
1.2) See TEXTURE SETTINGS section -> Set Normal Map Resolution to "High" and Specular Map Resolution to "Low".
2. If the problems still occured, Go to the COD WaW's mods directory (...USER\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW)
2.1) Copy "mods" folder.
2.2) Go to the Call of Duty World at War's directory (...Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War, for STEAM version).
2.3) Paste "mods" folder inside that directory.
Note: This is the same (or similar) method as the Axis mod.
3. If the problem still occurred, please restart the game or STEAM, might be even restart your PC/Laptop if you must.
Co-creators and credit for mod.ff files: extremely skillful "gicombat", along with "warrior300".
Call of Duty 3 German Military mod: venomgj.
Credits for textures: War_Crimes (many of wonderful textures belong to him), MasterJames aka SPLinT_CeLL, MCh2207Cz (COD2's Back2Fronts mod), MadIvan18, and Ferry.
In order to play for the best immersive experience!
- CREATE AT LEAST 4 FOLDERS INSIDE THE MODS FOLDER (...USER\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods)
- Name them as whatever you want, but put certain files into each folder like this:
'Semper Fi' (mission 1) = Either the latest Pacific Theater (Stand-Alone) version with:
- 'zzz_IJN2' and 'zzz_USmakinhelmet' skin mods that already included in the "For Semper Fi mission" folder.
'Little Resistance ~ Vendetta' (mission 2-4) = The latest Vendetta: Darkest Days version with:
- Pacific 1.8 file.
- 'zzz_USMCBeachhelm' from "For Peleliu missions" folder.
- Other skin mods from "Extra mod-iwd files" folder are optional. But highly recommend to use one of the 'zzz_LOADOUT' variants.
'Their Land Their Blood ~ Blood and Iron' (mission 5-8, 10-15) = The latest Fall of Berlin mod version with:
- Pacific 1.8 file.
- ***'zzz_Nordland' from the "For majority of Soviet missions" folder, highly recommend for the missions I mentioned above.
- 'zzz_U Bahn Sign'
- 'zzz_USMCBeachhelm' from "For Peleliu missions" folder is optional.
- Other skin mods from "Extra mod-iwd files" folder are optional. But highly recommend to use 'zzz_RGDa', 'zzz_KaiserI_pic2', and one of the 'zzz_LOADOUT' variants.
'Ring of Steel' (mission 9) = The latest Ring of Steel: Abandon all hope 1.4 version with:
- Pacific 1.8 file.
- Other skin mods from "Extra mod-iwd files" folder are optional. But highly recommend to use 'zzz_RGDa' and one of the 'zzz_LOADOUT' variants.
***Note: From above pic, you can create empty folders to contain spare minor mods or anything else in them. Anything inside will not effect the mods.
EXTRA info for those who want to know what kind of OLD + NEW German units were represented in the Fall of Berlin (FoB) mod:
1. Heer (Army) troops. Based on:
- 309th Infantry Division (Seelow)
- Panzerdivision Muncheberg (Seelow and Berlin)
- 18th Panzergrenadier Division (Seelow and Berlin)
- 20th PzG Div (Seelow and Berlin)
- 25th PzG Div (Seelow, but elements of them might retreat into Berlin also)
- Some other Heer and newbies units
2. Waffen SS (mainly) and other SS-related units. Based on:
- The FOREIGN VOLUNTEERED 11th SS 'Nordland' PzG Div, mostly comprised of 'Scandinavian SS' mix with Belgian/Flemish and some eastern European countries (Seelow and Berlin)
- 1st SS Anhalt Regiment and those who were filled into 'Kampfgruppe Monke' and 'Babick' (Berlin)
- A part of Panzerdivision Muncheberg ('SS. Panzergrenadier-Ersatz-und- Ausbildungs-Bataillon 1' from the 1st SS Leibstandarte Panzer Division)
- Around 600+ men from the 1st SS Leibstandarte Division (Berlin)
- Other foreign volunteer units like a company of 'Latvian SS' from 15th SS Waffen Grenadier Division and 'French SS' from the SS Sturm-Battalion Charlemagne (Berlin)
- Other SS units in Berlin
3. Volksstrum (armed civilians and newbies, aka "The Old, The Young, The Weak" by Reznov): based on so many Volksstrum units in Seelow and Berlin.
4. Fallschirmjager (paratroopers). Based on paratroopers of the '9th Fallschirmjager Division' (Seelow and Berlin).
5. Luftwaffe infantry. Based on those who were attached/filled into the Axis defender forces in both Seelow and Berlin battles. Notably, the 9th Fallschirmjager Division, a majority of them were inexperienced Luftwaffe ground forces and trainees.
6. Kriegsmarine naval infantry. Based on the 'Grossadmiral Dönitz Battalion', which was sent by Grand Admiral himself and reach Berlin on April 25/26th).
7. Hitler Youth. Based on several Hitler Jugend units in Seelow (the last defensive lines) and Berlin.
Walkthrough video of this mod (possibly either 3.2 or 3.3) by 'AFGuidesHD':
That's all, folks! Please contact me right away if our mod(s) caused any problem. And you can give us feedback and review for our mods if you're interested.
FeReise, gicombat, and warrior300
Expect the unexpected, once again XD
Expect the unexpected!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Vendetta 2.4 is released!
Here is the 2.3 version of the Vendetta: Darkest Days mod + COD3 mod. Extra textures, the alternative versions of the main mods, and other minor mods...
Here is the 2.3 version of the Vendetta: Darkest Days mod. Extra textures, the alternative versions of the main mods, and other minor mods files are also...
Here is 2.1 version of the Vendetta: Darkest Days mod. Extra textures and iwd files also included within this mod, please read our instruction carefully...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.