The Ultimate Apocalypse mod team proudly presents to the Dawn of War: Soulstorm players and fans, an eagerly awaited and packed with epic content game experience, the Ultimate Apocalypse mod! Imagine a mod featuring massive Warhammer 40,000 battles where all 9 races in Soulstorm (and more!) have a chance at epic victory. A mod where there's no shortage of all new units, buildings, abilities, and even titans! A mod where there's nearly no limits holding you back. It's all about all out, massive war. Wanna nuke your enemies? You can. Gloriously epic titan duels are your thing? Ultimate Apocalypse has you covered. Not only that, but Ultimate Apocalypse is continuously tested to ensure the epic battle experience it delivers remains unique while being completely awesome. Thanks to you (yes, you!) and everyone playing, Ultimate Apocalypse has been steady within the top 20 ranked mods for years.
This update brings the Ultimate Apocalypse Mod to the latest public version of 1.88.71! We made it a full installer again because we moved so many files that a patch wouldn't work properly (We tried it and got lots of pink boxes again). However there's been added some goodies that should make up for the inconvenience of downloading everything again ;-). PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION!!!!!
Thanks to jONES1979 for the original Objective Points Mod and to Kekoulis who continued the development, so that we can use his latest version in UA. Praise the Objective Points mod as UA and many other mods would not be possible without it!
With many thanks to Kekoulis again, who sacrificed an entire night fixing broken stuff we put into 1.88.7, we are now ready to bring you the definitive release of 1.88.7, that we dubbed 1.88.71. This is the release we deserve! However we had to make it a full installer again, not a patch, as we had to move around many files and when we tried doing an patch, we ended up with pink boxes. Though worry not folks! As a little thank you for taking the inconveniences we added some new goodies to make up! Check the changelog for details ;-).
Post feedback here: Moddb.com
- Ultimate Apocalypse Full Installation (1.88.71).
- Dawn of War - Soulstorm.
- At least 10 gigs of space on your computer. (Recommended) Minimal of 8.8 GB + Standalone faction mods.
- Tyranids 0.5b2
- Download Tyranids standalone mod if you do not have it.
- Inquisition Daemonhunters for Soulstorm is already integrated in UA! Thanks to jONES1979 and IDH team.
-OP MOD already being integrated into UA!
-FreeUI is optional when you want to play chaos daemons standalone.
Installation should be straight forward:
1. Download file
2. Open the zip.
3. Extract the files somewhere.
4. Run installer.
5. Download Tyranids
6. Run Tyranids Installer
- Download Tyranids 0.5b2
- Use DOW Mod Manager version 1.4 or greater
- Download LAA Patch
PROBLEM: INSTALLATION FAILED (Via crash to desktop upon starting game):
- One possible solution would be you did not download and install any standalone factions.
- Another possible solution would be you did not put ALL files into the SS directory.
- Last and final solution would be you have a corrupted install. Try to download again from a different mirror.
- UA FAQ found here
* Added new nicer textures to chaos and loyalist space marines.
* Added new scouts and scout sargeant with new weapons. These Scouts are the ones showcased on Modb
* Fixed pink boxes and missing sounds for chaos.
* Fixed bad GUO synckils for chaos daemons version of the GUO.
* Added all new Terminators for the Space Marines. These include plasma and dual chainfist terminators, updated Banner Bearer, updated Apothecary, Chaplain, Sergeant and Force Commander terminators.
* Updated Chaos Lord model with more HQ weapon models.
* Added the new chaos terminator as showcased on Moddb. Khorne Terminators also received an update in the form of Khorne_Terminator_codex model. A total remake will come with 1.9.We need your input though.
* New Obliterators and Mutilator models, which replace the ugly vanilla ones, just as showcased on Modb.
* Added the new landing pad industry command model for IG.
* Added the Taurox to the IG properly.
*** Combined UA_Tyranids, UA_IDH, and UA_Daemons folders into one mod.
*** Ultimate Apocalypse THB_DIDHT module is irrelevant and removed.
** Fixed pink icons (grenades) introduced in 1.88.61
** Rebalanced the grav guns damage attributes introduced in 1.88.61
** Decreased sound volume of grav guns introduced in 1.88.61
** Fixed textures for conversion beamer introduced in 1.88.61
** Fixed texture for the Cryptek introduced in 1.88.61
** Fixed Thunderfire Cannon.It is now fully TCed and has its threads moving.
** Fixed the Mars Pattern IG Convoy.Now it has fully animated threads.
** Fixed the Techmarine's weird FX overflow.His helmet is no longer consumed by it.
** Fixed the non functional multi-melta and inferno cannon for the Dreadnought and the Venerable Dreadnought.
** Fixed an issue with the IG turret floating briefly in the air in the first second when being built.
** Fixed the ork great gargant crashing the game because of excessive squish script refresh.
** Removed Necronium Vortex until it is out of it's WIP stage and fully implemented.
* Replaced Ork teknolojee tree with a new mesh and named it "Meklab."
* Replaced Ork Flyboyz Towah tree with a new mesh
* Replaced Model for the Great Unclean one along with new sounds and FX.
* Added proper build animations to the Orky mega generator.
* Added Ork Listening Post proper build animations.
* Added new impact sounds and FX for Tau Ar'Ka cannon.
* Added visual melta upgrade to conflagration turret
* Added proper build animations and flamers to the sisters bunker.
* Added Dark Eldar corrupted gateway with proper build animations.
* Added new Tau turret with proper visualizations for drone addon and new weapons.
* Added new toxin sprayer weapon to Chaos along with new textures for the chaos marines in general.
* Adjusted position of the Imperial Guard Techpriest research.
* Adjusted position of Sisters Of Battle Armory in the builder menu near the barracks.
* Added rad launcher to plague marines
* Added volkite chargers to chaos terminators.
* Added volkite calivers to chaos space marine squads.
* Added volkite culverins to chaos havoc squads.
* Added new Cryptek model to replace old Overseer model.
* Added Entropy staff to Necron Lord as new wargear option.
* Added hotshot volley guns to airborne kasrkins.
* Added better texture and teamcolor pattern for the gargant.
* Added gaze of Mork weapon for gargant and also added footprints spawning on the ground during movement.
* Added better texture and teamcolor pattern for the great gargant and also added footprints spawning on the ground during movement.
* Added proper build preview and build animations for tau guidance beacon.
* Added new scan ability to tau guidance beacon that reveals the surrounding but stops unit production.
* Added new Ar'Ka build animation and impact FX for the ion cannon.
* Added proper build preview and minor texture rework for Orks Meanest Tellyporta.
* Removed Herobrine