Experience Aliens: Colonial Marines how it should have been when it first released. This mod includes fixes to AI, Weapons, Graphics, balancing and more for the Main Campaign, Statis Interrupted and Bug Hunt in SP and COOP.
Version 5 is finally here, adding new graphical overhauls to all levels plus reworks and fixes to a number of other features.
Thats right you're not dreaming - version 5 is finally here!
This is a complete installation package that can be used to upgrade a current installation, or install the modification onto a fresh installation of ACM.
Choose "No Changes" under the Difficulty Add-On to get V5 Xeno's. All other options are the older V4 configs. They are still compatible but not as polished as the V5 config.
V5 Update changes :
- All Levels have had a graphic overhaul (only Sulaco was included and a bit of Hadleys Hope in V4)
- Bug Hunt MP modified for Xeno's only (no WY grunts) and uses V5 Xeno configs
- Fixed Laser Attachment
- Fixed Extended Mag for Pulse Rifle
- Permanent Decals
- Improved Engine Config for higher quality graphics
- Improved Pixel Shader for better graphics
- Reworked AI Targeting mechanics to improve xeno and human combat
- Slight Improvement to Human combat AI
- Significant Improvement to Xeno dodging and jumping
Overhaul Overview (The Highlights) :
- Fixes Weapon Firing mechanics so they shoot where you point
- Fixes Xeno AI so they are dangerous and smart
- Fixes Human AI so they are slightly less stupid (only so much I can do!)
- Rebalanced and Reconfigured Weapons
- Particles and Effects game-wide recoded for better visual quality
- More Xenos in many Situations
- Smart Gun available 5 times throughout the campaign instead of just 2
Known Issues :
- Some particle effects go haywire and produce too many particles. There are only a few of these and most of the time its not noticeable, but they do impact performance