Experience Aliens: Colonial Marines how it should have been when it first released. This mod includes fixes to AI, textures, balancing and more.
Version 5 is finally here, adding new graphical overhauls to all levels plus reworks and fixes to a number of other features.
Thats right you're not dreaming - version 5 is finally here!
This is a complete installation package that can be used to upgrade a current installation, or install the modification onto a fresh installation of ACM.
Choose "No Changes" under the Difficulty Add-On to get V5 Xeno's. All other options are the older V4 configs. They are still compatible but not as polished as the V5 config.
V5 Update changes :
- All Levels have had a graphic overhaul (only Sulaco was included and a bit of Hadleys Hope in V4)
- Bug Hunt MP modified for Xeno's only (no WY grunts) and uses V5 Xeno configs
- Fixed Laser Attachment
- Fixed Extended Mag for Pulse Rifle
- Permanent Decals
- Improved Engine Config for higher quality graphics
- Improved Pixel Shader for better graphics
- Reworked AI Targeting mechanics to improve xeno and human combat
- Slight Improvement to Human combat AI
- Significant Improvement to Xeno dodging and jumping
Overhaul Overview (The Highlights) :
- Fixes Weapon Firing mechanics so they shoot where you point
- Fixes Xeno AI so they are dangerous and smart
- Fixes Human AI so they are slightly less stupid (only so much I can do!)
- Rebalanced and Reconfigured Weapons
- Particles and Effects game-wide recoded for better visual quality
- More Xenos in many Situations
- Smart Gun available 5 times throughout the campaign instead of just 2
Known Issues :
- Some particle effects go haywire and produce too many particles. There are only a few of these and most of the time its not noticeable, but they do impact performance