Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Scope fix mod(WIP) for misery 2.0.1 (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : Scope fix mod(WIP) for misery 2.0.1) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 12 2013 Anchor

*******UPDATE 2*********

I have begun working on the scopes themselves. The worst and most disappointing one to me was the FN2000 so that is what I started with.

CHANGELOG:
-Aligned the scope's crosshair to match up with the center of the screen(it was way off)
-Sharpened the lines
-Cleaned the image up somewhat

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Download the following file:
Members.shaw.ca
2) Unrar the file into your stalker directory, replacing the existing files

There is still more work to be done, and plenty more scopes to go, but I think anyone who has tried to use the FN2000 will be pleased with what I have done so far. I will be updating this post as things progress.

*********************************update 1***********************************
CHANGELOG:
-Added support for all three classes
-Corrected zoom levels for scopes/guns
-Corrected zoom levels for several guns/scopes I had missed
-Reduced zoom levels with iron sights again
-Increased compatibility with scope upgrades which modify zoom levels(still not great)

KNOWN ISSUES:
Scope upgrades which modify zoom levels are funky

ISSUES WHICH I MIGHT FIX IF BORED:
Add in support for FOVs other than 83

A mod to fix the problems with scope zooms being random in misery 2.0.1. No longer will your 5X scope have less magnification than your 1.6X one.

This mod is made for a FOV setting of 83. Using this mod with a FOV higher than 83 will result in a zoom that is higher.....less than 83 will give zooms that are lower. How different they are will depend on how far your FOV is off of 83. Using iron sights on a FOV of less than 83 might be strange, but I am not sure.

I am not a gun nut. Infact I know next to nothing about them. I used google to look up scope stats that were not in the game and I didn't know(everything) so if I got it wrong it's because I found wrong information and didn't know any better.

ORIGINAL CHANGELOG:

Changed the following weapon zooms using the power of math:

-Changed all addon scopes to their ingame values
-All weapons now less zoom when using iron sights

Guns with perma scopes have had their values modified as well, but unfortunately I have yet to figure out how the new upgrades files work so if you upgrade a scope for a gun that uses the new system at a mechanic it will either be funky, set the zoom to the default value, work, or god knows what.

Scoped guns have had their default zooms set to the following:
FN2000 - 1.6X (regular FN 2000 uses the vanilla configs and should upgrade to 4X)
FR2000 - 1.6X
G36 - 3X (upgrade uses the old system I know, upgrade changes it to 1.6X(yes, it's lower))
G43(Karabiner 43) - 1.5X
KSVK - 8X
L85 - 1.6X (upgrade changes to 4X)
M16 - 2X
M21 - 3.9X
M24 - 10X
RPG7 - 2.7X
sako - 2.7X
SVD - 4X
SVU - 4X
TRG-42 - 4X
Vintorez - 4X
XM8 - 4X
Gauss- 4X

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Download this file:
Members.shaw.ca
2) Unrar the file into your stalker directory, replacing the existing files
3) To have the new settings take place, you must switch classes(you may switch back again, this is just to have files copied to their proper locations)

Edited by: odizzido

Bek
Bek
Aug 12 2013 Anchor

Interesting, I happen to be a sniper using 83fov about to fire up the game. However my SVU has the upgraded (supposedly 5x) scope. Is this what you mean by the "new" upgrade system, meaning this won't work for me currently?

edit: looks like not much has changed; it has more zoom than a 2.6x pso scope (on the saiga 12k) but still doesn't seem like a sniper. So I assume because of the upgrade your files aren't affecting it?

Edited by: Bek

Aug 12 2013 Anchor

Just checked it out for a few minutes before heading off to work, so I haven't done any extensive testing with it but so far it appears that everything is working with it. I didn't get time to test out the upgrades, but will do so when I get back to work if others haven't.

Aug 12 2013 Anchor

Bek: Yeah. The files used for the upgrade system in Misery 2.0 is not the same as the vanilla version so I haven't figured it out yet. I will see if I can get it going for the upgrades tomorrow night when I have some time to play around.

Bek
Bek
Aug 12 2013 Anchor

Yeah no problem. At the moment the svu upgraded with 5x scope zooms the same as with a 5x pso scope on another weapon, with your files.

Aug 12 2013 Anchor

Does it only work for the sniper class?

Aug 12 2013 Anchor

Just got done testing it with the upgrades on two rifles I had, the DMR and Lynx. For both, the non-zoom scope modifications worked (well, the high contrast and nightvision upgrades did, the auto target aquisition upgrade is known to be non-functional, but getting it doesn't change the new zoom.) The increased zoom modification worked for the Lynx, though I believe with the mod it is noticably higher magnification than the 6x magnification it's supposed to be. The DMR's upgrade also zoomed in much further, but has a problem where it will flip the image upside down, making aiming with it incredibly challenging. So, it looks like some may increase the zoom when upgraded with no problems other than the upgraded zoom being higher than stated, but save before you get the upgrades because it might make them relatively unusable.

Aug 12 2013 Anchor

Interesting thanks for the feedback and testing it. What I did was get a triangle and used an 83 degree angle(+two 48.5 angles) to simulate the FOV then figure out the length of the far side.....then using that number I would divide it by two for 2X, divide it by 2.7 for 2.7X zoom etc and then calculate the new angle needed to make the triangle work and used those as the FOV settings for the scopes. Perhaps this is incorrect...

There was another setting in there that had to do with scopes which might be throwing things off, but I am not quite sure what it does yet. I will take a look at it tonight when I am finished with some RL stuff. It might come down to measuring objects on my screen with a ruler.

Aug 12 2013 Anchor

Are the mildots and elevation markers on the sniper scope actually useful or just decorations?

Aug 12 2013 Anchor

no idea....what I do know is that I hate the scopes a lot. Most of them the lines and dots are so huge that you can't see what you're shooting at. I will look at sharpening them after I fix the zooms.

Updated the mod

Aug 13 2013 Anchor

mocmocmoc wrote: Are the mildots and elevation markers on the sniper scope actually useful or just decorations?

Nope. While ballistics are indeed modelled in CoP, the values are set up in such a way, that you can completely disregard bullet drop (at least at the current distances the engagements take place in).

--

Author of a bunch of tweaks and stuff:

• [Misery 2.0] Misc adjustments.
  • [Misery 2.0] Stealth fixes.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - Misc tweaks.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - New performance texture pack and radio songs addon.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - SweetFX shaders (poor man's ENB).

Lost all my files - goodbye... : /

Aug 13 2013 Anchor

I don't agree with that....some guns you do need to aim a little higher. The difference isn't too huge, but it's there and noticeable.

Aug 13 2013 Anchor

odizzido wrote: I don't agree with that....some guns you do need to aim a little higher. The difference isn't too huge, but it's there and noticeable.

Not enough to use the mildots, at least.
Either way, it's nice that someone spent that much time making a fix for the zoom values.
I raise my glass to you, good sir. :)

Edited by: Stiivais

--

Aug 13 2013 Anchor

That's for sure. I completely ignore them. Speaking of mildots, the reticules are going to be the next part of my scope fix mod. The current ones simply make it too hard to see what you're aiming at for the majority of guns. I just plan of sharpening/thinning the current ones ATM but we will see how it goes.

Aug 14 2013 Anchor

odizzido wrote: That's for sure. I completely ignore them. Speaking of mildots, the reticules are going to be the next part of my scope fix mod. The current ones simply make it too hard to see what you're aiming at for the majority of guns. I just plan of sharpening/thinning the current ones ATM but we will see how it goes.

Some actual new textures is something i've been expecting for a while. I'd tackle that myself, however I have 0 experience in texturing. Sharpening and thinning is better than nothing, and is certainly enough work in and of itself, so you have my full support and gratitude if you do it! Also, the DMR 14s scope looks like it was making out with a bloodsucker, the thing is just nasty.

Edited by: usersd

Aug 14 2013 Anchor

I have zero experience as well....I just know that with some work and a small amount of practice I can at least do better than what is currently in the mod. Maybe someone with some real skills can make some scope reticules and we can get a good complete scope fix. Then I can move on to other things like taking out the fake bloodsucker sounds, adding in tungsten slugs, or whatever I want to do next.

Actually I'd like to make a new sound for the bloodsuckers other than the vanilla super loud breathing or the misery no sound at all, but I am not sure what I would do yet.....a bunch of whispers? just footsteps?.....I don't think I have thought of anything I like enough yet. Something more subtle than vanilla, something that you can hear if you're paying attention, but maybe not if it's raining really hard or something. Like whispers, but I am not sure how much sense that makes.

Aug 14 2013 Anchor

If i could boot up my pc, i'd gladly help you make some scopes. It shouldn't be difficult, you just need someone who knows a little GIMP.

As for the sounds, you really should have a look at the bloodsucker sounds folder, some really, really "interesting" sounds there.

/posted from a phone

--

Aug 23 2013 Anchor

Do you think you could make another tweak putting all the zoom values for non scoped weapons to 0.01, Or alternatively tell me how you changed these values so i can do it myself?
This is the main thing keeping me from playing misery.

Apr 4 2014 Anchor

Hi,

Can anyone repost this mod? I have recently started playing Misery again as Sniper this time and noticed most scopes have the same zoom, being x5 or x2 in the description...

Apr 4 2014 Anchor

Yeah I have been meaning to do this again since I noticed the 4X susat scope zooms in the same amount as the 5X PSO one which zooms in the same amount as the 2.6X PSO scope. The zoom level in the description of guns has no relation to the actual zoom :\

I can't repost what I made for 2.0.1 because 2.1 is different so I will have to remake it. I still have all the values written down though so half the work is done already. I am going to make this an option for the other mod I have created since they share files and I don't want to maintain a large number of versions. I will edit this post with a link to the other post I have when I have finished.

I have some time right now so I am going to do it now, but it will be slightly different than the last one(sniper class will get a zoom bonus with iron sights, since it's stated in the class description)

edit-----------
I have an updated(and improved over my 2.0.1 release) version up for download, here is the link to the thread:
Moddb.com

Apr 4 2014 Anchor

The scope texture addon here on forum fixes the same zoom level on pso scopes.

Apr 5 2014 Anchor

oh yeah I forgot about that one. I am going to merge the two.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.