A simple, yet effective, Reshade preset to improve the image quality of the game without overdoing it and at a low performance cost.
the ZONE 1.0
A lightweigt Reshade for Anomaly 1.5 DX10/ DX11
- Deep shadows and contrast
- Discreet sharpness
- Soft Bloom and lighting without overexposure
- Slightly boosted original colors
- No cinematic effects like DoF, Vignette, Letterbox or Filmgrain
- No Anti-Aliasing to preserve the UI (no blurry text)
- Compatible with NVGs and UI mods
- Only a small fps hit (less than 10 fps)
Hello fellow S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S.,
I hope you are all staying safe in these turbulent times! I tried to use my free time to do something somewhat productive and present you my Reshade Preset for Anomaly. At first I just wanted to play around in Reshade to improve some aspects of the game, because I planned to start a new playthrough, but I kinda like what I came up with and thought I would share this one with you guys.
More infos and images bellow.
Images and what I tried to achieve
All images taken in DX10, 1080p, 2xMSAA+SAA in NVidia Inspector and with vanilla Anomaly Gamma, Contrast and Brightness settings and "slightly brighter nights" enabled.
Right click --> View Image for Fullscreen
- You can see the improved contrast in action here. The soft Bloom and Ambient Light shader enhance Anomaly's already great lighting, but shadows and interiors appear dark in contrast. It is like being indoors during summer and the curtains are drawn close - your room is dark, but you can see how bright it is outdoors. Somewhat like on the next image below or the first image below the headline.
- Interiors should appear darker when there is no light source to illuminate the surroundings, but it should never be too dark during day time.
- Duty HQ interior might appear somewhat dark inside, but it is also like this in vanilla Anomaly and it kind of reminds me of Metro 2033.
- 100 Rads Bar is super cozy now.
Comparison between different weather conditions
- Install the latest version of Reshade // Only DX10 and DX11 compatible
- Install all shaders (make sure every box in every window is ticked). You won't really need them, but they are only 30mb and I did not want to make this even more complicated.
- Download the .zip containing my preset
- Unzip "theZONE.ini" and move it into the bin folder inside your Anomaly folder
- Start the game, open the Reshade menu ("Home" key on US/ UK keyboards and "Pos1" key on german keyboards) and at the top select my preset.
These are the effects that should be activated.
I really hope this works out of the box for everyone.
Version 1.0 (21.06.2020)
- I toned down some effects to make the whole preset easier on the eyes. But visually nothing major has changed. No shaders were added or removed.
- Some screenshots taken with the updated preset. As you can see, not much has changed.
Some notes and potential issues
- I edited the preset in various game locations during different weather conditions and times of day.
- BUT if you come across a game locations or anything else that just looks comepletely wrong, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a comment that incluced time, weather and location :)
- Also do not hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions!
- Because Reshade also affects the UI, I tried to avoid shaders that make the text blurry or icons harder to see. I think it is still in pretty good shape thanks to some tweaking and experimenting. I know there is at least one mod that boosts the colors of icons, so keep in mind that they might look oversaturated now. But that is easy to tweak: Simply untick the "Vibrance" shaders or reduce its effect. My UI looks like this ingame. Now it looks even better with QOL Icons V2. ✅
The preset was developed with the following UI mods activated:
✅ Highly recommended: QOL Icons V2
But no reason why it should not work with everything.