Greece 431 B.C.
The war between Sparta and Athens involves almost all the greek city-states, split in two opposed alliances:
the Pelopponnesian League and the Delian League .
The Pelopponnesian League
The Delian League
-Historical characters and lords
-Player can choose if to start the campaign as the really existed ruler of one of these nations
-Hundreds of new Items
-The flag of the ruler is the flag of every vassal (also for the player)
-New Icons for each faction's party depending on the size of the army
-New Fleet Icons for each faction's party (and Player's vassals) depending on the size of the army
-Special icons for player's party depending on the size of the army
-A big fancy new map of the area of interest
-Voice and order sounds
-New companions and new mercenaries
-New troops for each faction
-AOR recruit system for historically accurate cities' hoplites
Once you are a king you can:
- Talk to your minister by camp menu
- Change your Lords equipment and update their skills
- Your banner will become the banner of all your lords
- Change your faction troops' culture , choosing one of the already existing factions or a special player culture troop tree with customizable equipment and name (Thanks to MitchellD who implemented part of his Custom Troop Tree in this mod).
-No more training skills: your men and you must fight battles to become veterans
-If you press 'I' while in battle, a bar will appear on the top-left corner, showing the number of soldiers on each side.
-If a leader is defeated in battle, the moral of the army will decrease.
-If you press 'N' when your mount is near, it will come to you.
-If you press 'M', you will make a battle cry.
and many other features...
The project is moving fast, foreseen first release in early summer.
Using Renaissance as a base will help me to move quite fast.
Meanwhile you can play my mod RENAISSANCE
Being used to work alone I AM NOT RECRUITING people. If someone wants to help he can point out some open source stuff I may use in the mod (that would be very usefull actually)
The mod is almost finished, the last main topics I am working on are:
- scenary (a base level for the first release which will be heavely worked in the further update)
- I finished the Factions' banners and all the player banners
- new map banners' icons fitting the time period (no flapping flag)
- finished ai battles' behaviour (I am quite satisfied with how ai fight its battles)
- finished new faces, hair and beards (now good variety to choose)
There will be many hoplites which can be recruited only in their city, for example Argos Hoplites will be available for the player as special units to recruit with weekly refill only in Argos...
But that is not all, as also the AI Lord who is owning Argo will receive Argos Hoplites as part of its reinforcements and the Garrison of Argo will be the only one having Argos Hoplites among its faction's troops. All of this regardless the faction they belong to.
As you can imagine it has not been a simple task to achieve, but I am glad it is working fine now:
The atmosphere of the numerous greek poleis will be quite strong with this feature.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.