Enjoy this "expansion pack" of OpenRA- Red Alert. The war has spread to every corner of the world and now you have the opportunity to fight for the Allies or Soviets from Asia, Africa, North and South America, and even Australia (plus another country added to Europe's participants). Fight with the fiery power of the Flame Tank of the Chinese or command the world's greatest Allied Tank Divisions with the United States- those are just two of FIFTEEN new possibilities!
Anyway, I thought I'd do an article for the fun of it (and because I made more modifications this time around than any other revision). At any rate, this update is going to add the following:
Special Powers: NKSOF. Sniper Tower
The NKSOF is an elite infantry unit that doesn't show up on enemy GPS radars, and they can detect cloaked spies as well. Their rifles also do more damage than those of regular rifle infantry. They are great for surprise attacks but will still struggle against tanks.
The Sniper Tower can see far away (useful for defending a bridge), and with enemy infantry, it's one shot, one kill- however, they fire slowly, so it's recommended that you use the sniper tower to pick off stronger infantry- Tanya, for example.
Special Powers: Marine, ROK Helicopter
The Marine is an infantry support unit- their machine guns give them good range, and their machine guns make decent dents in even vehicle armor- but their raw damage is mediocre. They give good results in numbers- the more, the better- their one on one isn't all that great.
The Republic of Korea Helicopter is a faster, more manueverable Chinook- they are quite a bit faster than the normal transport helicopters and should be easier to maneuver.
New Videos and Sound:
Cuba and Australia added; North and South Korea added.
New notifications for when powers like the Japanese Zero Fighter are ready, as well as some unique voices for new units. Speaking of which:
- Iraqi Biological Weapon (that weird cloaking zombie guy who can smash vehicles) has been replaced with the drone. Drones are late game units that are cheap, fast, and great for harassment of enemy tanks and bases- but have limited ammo and once used up, are best used to draw fire (hence justifying a low price despite being a late game unit.)
- Make some corrections in some of the animations- Lazy me still hasn't quite figured out why making my own sprites don't quite work (the program used to organize files is XCC mixer; trying to make images out of them doesn't work well for me since the sprites turn out black). Mostly from a programming standpoint. I'll figure it out eventually.
- Some minor polishing (like organizing the hotkeys better), more video footage for the other countries
- Get this mod to be compatible with the new OpenRA build- as of Sept. 4 there is a new version of OpenRA available. I'll need to see what I can do to get World at War working.
* P.S. It was reported to me that version 1.3 had a bug where the menu displayed version 1.2. That turned out just to be a typo :P
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.