Natural Selection is an action-strategy game for the PC. It is a "Half-life modification", which means it is written on top of the Half-life game engine. "Mods" are a new sort of underground game development that enables small teams to create games using the technology of existing games. This means less expensive and lower risk game development, which allows experimentation and innovation. This arrangement also implies that "mods" are made as art, not for making money. When complete, Natural Selection will be released for free to all owners of Half-life, which is required to play Natural Selection. Game summary Multiplayer-only Half-life mod where one team plays marines and the other plays aliens. The humans must keep their cool and work together to assault an alien-infested spacecraft or colony. Marines vs. marines and aliens vs. aliens scenarios are also supported. "First-person strategy" with a real resource model and consequences for actions....
Beta release of Sandbot - a bot for Half-Life, Half-Life Opposing Force (deathmatch and capture the flag), Day of Defeat (territorial control), Gunman Chronicles, Natural Selection (Combat) and They Hunger. Extract to your Steam/steamapps/common/Half-Life directory.
- [All] Made bot_skill a cvar which dynamically changes a bot's skill.
- [All] Fixed bots attacking bots that had been kicked.
- [All] Bots will now be removed if the quota exceeds the bot_count cvar.
- [All] Enabled debug logging in release builds with bot_log_level cvar.
- [Windows] Sandbot no longer breaks level transitions in single player (thanks shardthefox200@ModDB).
- [Opposing Force] Made bots less likely to get distracted by enemies when they have the flag in CTF.
- [Natural Selection] Fixed crash in Classic mode when a gorge checked if it should build a resource tower.
- [Natural Selection] Fixed bots doing the opposite of what they should when approaching unbuilt resource towers in Classic mode.