Kane's Wrath Unofficial Big Bang Patch 1.04 is a mod that adds few new things and tries to balances the game a bit more from my and the community ideas while at the same time also tries to save the most import ingredient at bay: The "fun".

Forum Thread
Poll: What name I should use for the new BH venom? (9 votes)
Need your opinion 7 (C&C4;'s Venom name) (Games : Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath : Mods : Kane's Wrath Unofficial Big Bang Patch 1.04 : Forum : Polls : Need your opinion 7 (C&C4;'s Venom name)) Locked
Thread Options
egozi44
egozi44 ~The Moding Otaku~
Dec 5 2015 Anchor

Like in the last thread of "Need your opinion" it the usual deal, I have ideas and don't sure about stuff and need Your opinion in order to get best decisions and ideas.

Lately some users in moddb and gamereplay asked me stuff and gave me new ideas, I also had some ideas before and wanted to know what the community will think about them so I post them here

Take a note though, some of these Ideas are very risky, that why some of them were left in the Idea's board for more than a year~

Tell me what you think is necessary/unnecessary,
What you think is unique and cool or a complete disaster,
You also free to tell me your ideas via commits However please use the poll in option first and then post more specific stuff about it via commit if you wish

EDIT: since moddb forum system is limit me to one poll per thread unlike gameplay forum I had to separate each question to it own thread, sorry for the inconvenience~

CNC4 Venom Render

So as you may noticed Black hand have new venom that can shoot missiles only on air target, I still don't sure about it's name though, I called it "AA Venom" since it sound nice, short, have the word "Venom" in it, and tell you exactly what it does;

I got suggestions for other names but not all of them fit, the most fitted one however was "Venom interceptor",

What name ring to you better? You free to give me other suggestions in the commits but make sure the names have Venom in them since the AA venom say the word venom when you select it or in other situations.

That it for now commanders, let me know what you think, while I can't promise I will do what you saying or will be able to make everyone happy, Your commits will help me a lot to reach a decision.

Edited by: egozi44

Valherran
Valherran Infantry devotee~
Dec 6 2015 Anchor

How about naming it a Nod Geist? It would fit well with the naming tree since a Banshee already existed.

egozi44
Dec 7 2015 Anchor
Valherran wrote:

How about naming it a Nod Geist? It would fit well with the naming tree since a Banshee already existed.

Umm it nice idea, normally I would've jump on such name but since the voices I took for the venoms are from c&c4, it have to be something with venom

Because the unit saying "Venom" when you press on it

Valherran
Valherran Infantry devotee~
Dec 7 2015 Anchor

Delete the sound sets that say Venom, or give them a different sound set.

D4_Scorpion
D4_Scorpion The fleet's Admiral
Dec 8 2015 Anchor

BH needs buffed anti-air, Mantis just doesn't last long enough. The SlingShot is 10x better... for less! Anyways, I think a good name would be "Toxic" or "Cobra"

egozi44
Dec 11 2015 Anchor

Well since that unit look more or less like different venom model that is equipped with AA rockets and don't look like any of the other Nod's plan design (Banshee, vertigo) I think that sticking with the name Venom will be the most suitable and unconfusing way,

Also changing the sounds again is a bit of a pain ._.

Stygs
Stygs Sage modder
Dec 11 2015 Anchor

Really? Considering that its design, weapon and role are different from the normal Venom, thats the last name I would use.

I would suggest Cobra as it might allow you to use the Cnc4 Cobra sound files.

egozi44
Dec 14 2015 Anchor
Stygs wrote:

Really? Considering that its design, weapon and role are different from the normal Venom, thats the last name I would use.

I would suggest Cobra as it might allow you to use the Cnc4 Cobra sound files.

Well that good suggestion, but the only thing that bothering me is that it may less fit BH's style

BH aren't experience with aircrafts so I think it feel more right if they just took venom on a rush and simply re-equipment it with missiles pods rather than come with new plane

Stygs
Stygs Sage modder
Dec 14 2015 Anchor

would make sense, but the TT venom looks totally different from the TW one.

egozi44
Dec 14 2015 Anchor
Stygs wrote:

would make sense, but the TT venom looks totally different from the TW one.

That true...

Guess that making backstory can't always save me from the model itself :D

Time to finish some polls~

AA Venom name was changed to Venom interceptor.

If people will show signs they don't like it then I will change it to Cobra as Stygs suggested above, I will also need to change the voices in the progress.

Unfortunately I can't just pick any name for the unit because I also need voices, while I do have some VA on my team I think it always better to use official voices if possible

Thanks for your support!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.