Rebirth is an upcoming game modification that seeks to add more depth to the core gameplay of Homeworld that we all know and love. While we are looking to add new game mechanics, we also want to ensure that we'll end up releasing a dynamic, fast paced game that is strategically deep and offers interesting interactions. All whilst ensuring that balance is a #1 priority.
In addition to the above stated goals, we also want to further expand the Homeworld universe. Developing new lore, recreating old factions and ultimately release a single-player campaign of our own. Our hope is to create something like a Homeworld 2.5
Additional features to the basic game:
1) Crew system that mimics the supply/population mechanic of popular RTS games.
2) Three tiers of technology like Supreme Commander.
3) Modular weapon systems. Customise your most powerful warships!
4) Area of effect modules that have different effects (speed, harvest speed, etc).
5) Ship experience - gaining this will make your ships linearly stronger (limited of course!).
6) Large ownable\destructible asteroids and other megalithic objects.
Changes to the fleets:
1) New weapon systems.
2) New ships to each race will be added. A more complete feel to the fleets is guaranteed.
3) Innumerable new abilities and technologies.
4) All weaponry using ballistic physics instead of RNG.
5) Reduced volatility to return the feel of HW 1 combat. No more squishies!
1) Working out a more complete racial concept for Kushan/Taiidan - initially we'll focus on HW 2 races.
2) Adding additional races, each with unique characteristics.
3) High quality single player campaign set shortly after the events of Homeworld 2. An unofficial stand alone episode like Cataclysm.
Accomplishing these goals will require a lot of time and effort from our team. It will also require YOUR help. We are always on the lookout for helping hands. If you are interested in joining the development team, please let us know on our forums.
The Rebirth mod for Homeworld Remastered has been and will remain being on halt until our plans can be implemented.
As much as I have been trying to avoid publishing this bit of news, we have been forced to go on a break, here it is. Due to the fact that we are unable to modify existing ships to have them carry new types of modules (for example weapons), we are not able to implement a great number of our mechanic designs.
In addition, due to the way Gearbox's patching goes - and don't misunderstand this, the new features introduced are all fantastic - we are unable to continue working. We have spent many hundred hours when one of the previous patches (back in August) completely re-designed part of the modding data structure. What this means in practical terms is that the majority of our progress(which has been made in data files) has been reset. It was a very easy decision for us to simply wait it all out, until Gearbox has finished their patching work, and we can once again start working in the safe knowledge that our work will not be undone by the next update.
Please consider to accept my apology for having decided to wait a long time to share this piece of unpleasant news. Clearly shoving it under a rug is no use at all. I also hope that no one considers this to be hostile towards Gearbox. Naturally the team is quite upset with things, but we are also happy to have the changes happen that Gearbox is bringing.
In a bit of personal news, I have been busy with work: I am currently the balance team lead on Age of Mythology: Tale of the Dragon. You can check its announcement out here: Ageofempires.com
Additionally, I am currently looking at an opportunity to join the Halo Wars 2 designer team at Creative Assembly - only waiting for the final steps, such as the contract, so hopefully that goes well too.
Regardless of the above though, I will make time to be able to direct this project properly... as soon as we are realistically able to make the changes we need to make. Until then, we'll hang in there, and we hope that each of our followers out there will, too!
While we've been hard at work to set up everything we need in order to deliver what we promise on the front page, we never forgot about what drives such...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.