This mod has two main goals, bring with the specifications of all the Homeworld 1 ships to their classic balance, and add playability to all other side races that made their appearance during both campaigns with their real specifications.
That way you would be able to experience the campaign (see *Known Issues*) as they were originally meant to be, and also be able to use all the other races during multiplayer matches or against the AI, for that reason there will be many additional options to customize the matches, from simple things like changing the amount of resources on the map, up to changing the behavior and availability of upgrades for specific races.
Basic mod Features:
- Turanic Raiders
- Bentusi (experimental)
- Keepers (experimental)
- Old Hiigaran Empire
Experimental Races only available in Ship Test Duel Gamemode and can cause crashes.
- Homeworld 1 (no ship upgrades, reduced damage and weapon range for Frigates+ class ships and reduced armor for Capital ships)
- Homeworld 1 with Upgrades (Homeworld 2 style Upgrades, reduced damage and weapon range for Frigates+ class ships and reduced armor for Capital ships)
- Homeworld 2 without Upgrades (no ship upgrades, Homeworld 2 style damage, weapon range, armor for Frigates+ class ships)
- Homeworld 1 with Upgrades (Homeworld 2 style Upgrades and Homeworld 2 style damage, weapon range, armor for Frigates+ class ships)
- Experimental (This will use HW2 Balance with additional experimental technologies found in both Campaigns, but is still WIP)
HW1 and HW2 Deathmatch make use of their corresponding balance mode.
- Enable\Disable optional squadron building for HW1 races (Kushan, Taiidan, Turanic and the Hiigaran Empire)
Fixed Build Speed (Optional):
- Ability to select a fixed build speed for all races in the match with varies from 1x to 100x (it disables any build speed upgrade)
Allows you to select which production ships to start with options are:
- Mothership with Carrier
- Carrier Only
HW1 and HW2 Deathmatch make use of their corresponding default starting fleet and can be changed in the case of HW1 Deathmatch.
Starting fleet options are going to be expanded in the future.
New Skirmish/MP Maps based on the Homeworld 1 Campaign levels (WIP)
- In Ship Test Duel Gamemode the default "Hiigaran" race is grayed out, this is caused because the real default race is "Random" and is not available in this gamemode, so in order to avoid a crash you should select your desired races from the list.
- Also AmberGoldPL noted this:
"I had to re-select the grayed-out races, but also had to select grayed out "Balance" box that at first is grayed and empty, but when I select something from dropdown the duel load and work fine now."
This issue may have been solved in the last updates, but the note is going to be kept here if it is not the case.
- Kushan Drone Frigate, will crash the game after deploying drones in Ship Test Duel Gamemode, this is caused by some dependencies of the the drone script and can't be solved for the moment.
- Campaign support has been halted due to crash at loading with some game profiles, reason still unknown.
During the development, I would be explaining in more detail all features that this mod has to offer.
Due to a recent Workshop tool failure, I've been forced to host the mod on the old ModDB page.
There you will find detailed instruction for installation in the Download page, meanwhile it still waiting for authorization, I will announce when its ready for download.
Steam Workshop Page:
The last update made me work in the mod quite a lot and I had to make a few sacrifices on the features side until I can make a workaround, but I got the mod to work quite nicely, and took my time to upload it to Steam Workshop:
Due to the additional work I had to cut down the races back to 5, so only the Turanic Raiders are the only additional race aside from the vanilla ones, I still have to rewrite the AI for the Kadesh and the other races.
There are a few things that may not work the way its expected, and I need people to point all these things out, you can comment them here or in the Gearbox Forums by this link:
I would like to know your thoughts about it
Homeworld Past and Future v0.6x was only compatible with the game before the Raiders Retreat Update, the game is most likely to crash right with the last...
For the first release we have a few new ships for the Hiigaran (these are experimental), and I have only enabled the basic HW1 and HW2 races, they feature...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is a preview of a small map pack that I'm making featuring the Homeworld 1 Remastered campaign maps for multiplayer.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.