This mod is a port of my Homeworld Classic Enhanced mod for Homeworld 2. It combines my HW Classic Rebalance and Gameplay Enhanced mods into one single mod, providing you with a greater number of gameplay options than can be found in either mod alone. Development of those earlier mods has stopped in favor of this one.
See the detailed description below for change notes.
2.1.1 --- 2016/07/04
• Renamed the "type" parameter to "types" in the TechList table and related
scripts to avoid confusion with the Lua command of the same name.
• Disabled some lines in "DisableHyperspaceRule()" as the performance was poor
and the code may have been technically unnecessary.
• Merged "GetResearchGrant()" and "GetResearchRestriction()" into a single
function called "GetFreeResearchItem()".
• Removed "default.lua" from the AI scripts since the same functionality is
already provided in the DEFINED ROLES code.
• Re-used the "PlayerHasMothership()" function inside "GetBestCrateLocation()".
• The "PlayerHasMothership()" function now returns the mothership type and name
as well as true or false.
• Removed the "GetValidMothership()" function since it no longer serves a
• Miscellaneous optimizations to loops.
• Split CRATES and BOUNTIES code into individual files separate from
• In the "GrantAllResearchRule()" rule, I stopped using
"Player_GrantAllResearch()" and rolled my own routine that parses
"def_research.lua" and logs all grants to the "Player_GrantedResearch" table.
• Renamed all instances of "iPlayerIndex" to "playerIndex" to be consistent.
• The "GrantAllResearchRule()" function now checks whether the player is a CPU
or human before granting some items. Not sure it has any effect, though.
• Fixed the bug where frigates were immediately disappearing after being built
by carriers when playing with the RESEARCH OFF and CARRIER ONLY settings.
• Fixed the bug where the custom GUI displays crash when the local player dies.
• The custom GUI displays now show dashes instead of values when a player dies.
• Research meant for AI players only are now restricted for human players. They
were also removed from the "TechList" table.
• Research never meant to be used in multiplayer matches are now restricted.
• RESEARCH OFF rule now overrides and disables BENTUSI ROULETTE since RESEARCH
OFF already grants every type of research it can grant.
• Added a GAME RULES screen so players can double-check and see what settings
the host chose for the match.
• Fixed some mistakes in game rule tooltips.
• Reverted to Luke Moloney's original and much simpler method of determining
"ChooseCrateRewardShip" using "while" loops instead of "for" loops.
• Research wasn't being chosen randomly by CRATES mode. It is now.
• Copied some code from GearBox's "mainrule_updating()" function that plays
some speech files and displays some text at the beginning of each match and
when a player dies. Not sure if it's working properly.